This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think Facebook is trying to scam me?
04-28-2013, 09:37 AM
I think Facebook is trying to scam me?
So, I logged into my Facebook account and something popped up saying that I needed to send a full color picture of my ID or birth certificate. I really don't think I should do this and I think Facebook is trying to scam me! What should I do? I don't want to lose my account! (Btw, it won't even let me log in until it)
Sorry, I meant to say at the end, it won't let me log in until I do it.
Ok, so I'm getting mixed answers here. Please only answer if you are 100% sure... Thx Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 09:50 AM

you might want to notify them. it does sound like a scam. anything that says facebook security will hack your account. be careful.

Ads

04-28-2013, 10:04 AM

100% scam, whatever you do don't do it, its identity theft!! Possibly get Facebook tech support to help you to succure your profile because it sounds like either you have A. A virus of some sort and/or B> Your face book is hacked.
04-28-2013, 10:06 AM

i would contact facebook support about it because i have never heard of that happening and i don't think facebook would ask for a birth certificate
04-28-2013, 10:17 AM

Yep Facebook, a multi-billion dollar company, desperately wants your money. Or, they want your information so they can solicit it, because there's no other way to get it. Oh wait yes there is they could just get it off your facebook or use their tech nerds to get it. Genius.
04-28-2013, 10:24 AM

this happens when people get flagged for breaking the rules, like lying about their age, or their name, or being under 13, or creating more than one account

it's actually real, and if you cant provide the information, facebook will delete your profile

it's not a scam if it is hosted on facebook servers... it's only a possible scam when something like this is sent to your email address
04-28-2013, 10:29 AM

It's maybe a scam.
Facebook, like Chrome, is spyware, in as much as they make their money from giving your info to their friends for advertising/tracking/cross reference purposes.

But they are not scammers. They only ask for that information if they think you are a fraud.

However, Facebook - sometimes called 'hackers heaven' are easy to hack by others.

Contact Facebook, and ask them.
04-28-2013, 10:40 AM

if you got this message when you logged into Facebook then it's not a scam. This means that someone has reported your page as a fake profile or for containing a fake name, fake age or using another person's photos. The only way that Facebook can keep your account open is by having you send proof that it's your real name and date of birth, which is why they require a birth certificate, license or passport copy. If you don't provide this, Facebook will close your account as they'll assume it's a fake account

This only happens because someone reported your profile as fake.