This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Security 2012 virus attacked my Toshiba laptop. How do I remove it?
04-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Internet Security 2012 virus attacked my Toshiba laptop. How do I remove it?
Last night I was on Facebook and some popup appeared. I thought it was from my friend and so I clicked it. Soon something unusual happened and this program actually came up, telling my PC is infected with W32.Blaster.Worm. I tried various sorts of programs but I can't run any of them. The virus actually does not let me run any anti-virus. I tried taskkill.exe command but it also doesn't work. Does anybody know how to remove it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Try going onto task manager:

Ctrl + Alt + Del

Then click processes

then try and find the name of the process.... Look for something unusual, like the name of the window that is running. Then click end process and it should go away but be careful! If you delete a system process you may force your computer to fail and may cause some permanent damage.

Alternatively you could take your ethernet cable out, as with your connection to the internet gone, there is no way the virus can be controlled by the owner. Then run your anti virus and hopefully clear it from your system.

if this still doesn't work then i recommend that you take it to a computer repair shop and get them to remove it. I had about 8 trojans on mine and it cost about £10 to remove them all. (They don't charge per virus.....)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ads

04-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Sounds like a bad virus. You need to be pretty advanced at computers to remove the virus, I removed one recently but to be honest your better off backing up your files(documents, photos, music etc) to a hard drive, reinstalling the PC, performing a full scan on your backed up files and then coping them back onto your PC.

Otherwise to clean the virus without reinstalling O/S try
1. Download these programs tdsskiller, rkill.com, mbam-setup-1.51.2.1300.exe or the latest versions.
2. Boot to safe mode and turn off system restore (on your PC)
3. Run these programs and remove anything they find
4. Download and install microsoft security essentials or AVG or any other anti-virus and perform a full scan

Hope this helps but if not reinstall O/S
04-28-2013, 12:57 PM

It is a well known virus, the best site for help on this and similar is Bleeping Computer. This link takes you there, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/ You can join the forum (free) if you wish or just download and print the instructions.
04-28-2013, 12:59 PM

Use your safemode
04-28-2013, 01:13 PM

Running Microsoft's monthly update to remove ad-ware-spyware etc actually removes this. You should receive this update every month from Microsoft. Try searching for it on their website.

Windows Malicious Software removal tool JAN 2012 KB890830
04-28-2013, 01:19 PM

Step-by-step Internet Security 2012 malware removal instructions:

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2012/0...lware.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-re...urity-2012
04-28-2013, 01:21 PM

If you wish you can try Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (NBRT) to scan your computer . For that you need a

CD/DVD/USB. Find more about how to use the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (NBRT) here

http://goo.gl/WVdrO