This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is threats like reporting you to the police and committing suicide considered a harassment?
04-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Is threats like reporting you to the police and committing suicide considered a harassment?
Recently I gave my number to a guy on a social media without thinking of the consequences. He asked me out but I wasn't free so I told him. He insisted and waited for me for 3 hours. And now he keeps sending me threats to report me to the police for lying and he keep saying that he wants to commit suicide. So what should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 01:23 PM

YOU should call the police.

Ads

04-28-2013, 01:37 PM

At first like any stop by a police officer they are doing their jobs like they are hired to do. Stop people that are breaking the law. You must have been doing something that got the attention of the police officer> The police officer like all police officers before coming up to the car has to prepare themselves for any thing. When the police officer arrived at your car he was shocked at what he encountered. Some stupid woman, looking all messed up,smelling real horrible, can't hardly talk. So being a patient cop he politely asked you to get out of the car,so he could talk to you with more air between the both of you. Well to the poor officers dismay, even air could not hold back that putrid smell coming from between those legs of yours. The police officer kindly walked away and made a call to the hazard removal waste team. I do not see a lie in this. Anyway if you took more baths,you would not have been in that medical and police trouble you were in.
04-28-2013, 01:41 PM

You need to record these conversations and you need to go directly to the police. One of my BIGGEST regrets was not doing this when my ex-husband pulled this on me. I recorded the conversations but did not do anything with it.

Then much to my surprise, when I ignored him and he found his threats didn't work on me, he turned it around and made me out to be the one harassing him by taking phone calls out of context, and splicing things together (he was a trained radio DJ and tech and could splice anything and everything) Anyone really listening to the tapes he concocted could tell they were not real, but no one bothers to listen to the details only to the nonsense of his end result. Since I never said anything to anyone, by the time he broadcast his non-sense no one was listening to a thing I had to say.

PROTECT YOURSELF. Contact the police right away. Record his conversations and give those to the police as soon as you get them. They can also put a trace on your phone and record his conversations as well. (as long as one party in the conversation knows they are being recorded it is legal) I found that out after contacting the FBI.

But protect yourself. Then follow the advice of the police. You need that paper trail. You need to prove that this problem exists and you need to prove that you are threatened by it. Don't wait another second to contact the police. Once they have the evidence they need and they tell you to change your phone number then do it. SPEAK TO A DETECTIVE. Not just a clerk at the police station. Their knee jerk reaction will tell you to change your number but that may only make this guy more angry and come after you. You need the protection offered by the police.
04-28-2013, 01:49 PM

YES
Harassment, Stalking, Intimidation, mental distress etc all along the same lines.
Call the police and say look at this and tell me what to do. many phones today can be downloaded to e mail or documents to e mail.
If they need anymore evidence they can call the providers and get detailed records.
If he keeps saying he wants to commit suicide, call 911 for him to get the needed help he is crying to get. I would not want to know he said this and did nothing to help him.
If he cred out to you and you did not report it as questionable, you could be sued for not doing anything.