This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my husband talking to his ex-girlfriend?
04-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Why is my husband talking to his ex-girlfriend?
My husband and I have been fighting a lot over the past week or so, which is really abnormal for our relationship. Unsatisfied with his explanations for his behavior, I tried to find other reasons. I looked on his Facebook and found that he has been talking to one of his ex-girlfriends (one who turned down his proposal of marriage, in fact) on a very regular basis. Their conversations are sometimes flirtatious. Even more painful, sometimes he is talking to her on Facebook when we are in the same room together. Should I be worried? I don't think this is a cause of our arguments, but I am not sure what to think...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 02:01 PM

I would definitely be worried... He is crossing the line! Married men who have respect and love for thei wives DO NOT flirt!

Ads

04-28-2013, 02:11 PM

Yes you should be worried. Why would you think he is talking to his ex? Even if it is innocent and he does it in front of you its disrespectful. I know everyone wants to be adults about things like this but chatting on facebook with ex's is not a good thing.
04-28-2013, 02:14 PM

why are you stalking the dudes facebook chats? give him some damn space. is that why you guys are arguing? I hate it when the girls that i date are all over my stuff. Clingyness is never attractive and always a dealbreaker. Let the dude talk to his ex. As long as they aren't meeting up and chilling, who cares
04-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Cheating men or even men who have other women on their minds often become very irritable at home. They have no patience for their wives and get annoyed over everything because they are too busy looking for reasons to justify why they are doing what they are doing...of course it's bc you're being a b**** lately. Things that used to be normal topics of conversation or normal responses from you, now are cause for argument. I would bet this is absolutely why you are arguing. I don't understand why women think because they are talking on fb or email that it's OK. Before FB he would have been talking on the phone with her or meeting her. Would that be OK with you? You should be worried. Very worried. And you should be pissed off and hurt. My guess is he is also talking to her about you, your relationship, and the recent fighting. He needs to stop acting like he's single.
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM

Honestly I think you should be worried. I think you should try confronting him about it...but calmly, not accusingly. You deserve respect from him...and he really doesn't have an excuse for talking to one of his ex's...he has friends if he needs to talk about whats going on inside his head ya know? Or better yet, YOU :/ you need to talk to him...communication is key. Good luck and best wishes.
04-28-2013, 02:48 PM

I will give you the male opinion on this situation...... I will try to be objective..
There are always reasons for certain behaviour and without all the facts it is difficult to give an exact opinion but in general i say this....

If i were chatting to my ex that i asked to marry and /or other girls i would be a man that is not satisfied where he is and would most likely be still searching....
You need to pounce on him and put a stop to it.....
If you don't then you are sanctioning his behaviour...
If you front him and he gets angry or defensive or tells you to stay out of his affairs then i would be packing my bags and do not give him one more second....
if he is just trying to let go and actually loves you and is blinded to the hurt he is causing you then you need to get the communication process going and turn this around....
Come on you need to be pro-active in saving this is that is possible....my problem is that i think you are headed for torture...
Take care..and good luck..
04-28-2013, 03:03 PM

I can't think of a better reason as a man not to talk to past gf's or any others on a regular basics when ur married other than to create the thought of disloyally and infidelity in ur wife's mind.
04-28-2013, 03:18 PM

instead fo talking to u , or frolicking in bed with u, he is talking TO OTHER WOMEN at the same time u re with him!!!!! and u re asking whether u should be concerned? are u smart at all? and it is not important to WHICH women he talks on internet - ex gfs or future one, the important thing is he prefers talking with them to interacting with u.
04-28-2013, 03:21 PM

I think his relationship with his ex-girlfriend has everything to do with the two of you not getting along lately. Should you be worried? YES! Should you confront your husband about his flirtatious relationship with his ex-girlfriend. ABSOLUTELY! What your husband is doing is wrong. You need to set him straight that unless he wants a divorce, he better end his relationship with this woman.