This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What the hell is wrong with little girls these days! It upsets me!?
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM
What the hell is wrong with little girls these days! It upsets me!?
I'm 20 by the way. i didn't start wearing make up until my 15th birthday, i didn't really pay attention to boys or "love" when i was 12.
now all i see are 12 year olds who wear buckets and buckets of makeup, use shirts that are showing (i'm not trying to be rude) their flat chest, and chicken legs when they wear short shorts. They have expensive phones, they have social media profiles like facebook and twitter, have name brand clothing and the list goes on!
i see online that they say that love this, love that, he cheated on me and la la la! I've heard of 12 year olds that are not virgins!
When i was 12 i looked like i was 9, literally. I still don't look my age. when i used the computer, i would only play games and play paint. I haven't even had my first kiss yet, i'm still a virgin and I am straight. I don't think i'm ugly so no smart as.s answers nor i'm fishing for compliments; http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/...92/007.jpg

Anyhow, it upsets me that girls are trying to grow up too fast! I hate being an adult, i would give anything to not care about how i looked and the responsibility that i now have cuz i have a car loan bill, a phone bill, insurance bill and the list goes on and on!

It really upsets me, i wanna adopt a little girl (in the future obviously) but i'm afraid she'll follow the steps of what these little girls are setting as and i would love it for her to understand there is no need to rush life! And i wouldn't want her to hate me if i didn't allow her to do/wear things as other girls.

I met my boss's little girl and she looks like she's around 12 and i was so amazed when i saw her cuz she was wearing jeans, her hair was pulled in a pony tail, she was wearing her glass (i'm not saying its bad to wear contacts cuz i first wore contacts when i was 13) and she was wearing a buttoned up blouse. I personally think she's super cute!

Am i the only one that thinks how little girls behave and look nowadays?!!
I never had any electronics until i was 16 and i was given an ipod.
I think i had a great childhood.
I never had any electronics until i was 16 and i was given an ipod.
I think i had a great childhood.
And then you wonder why she got pregnant at 16!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM

it's just how they're raised.. when you're a parent you can teach your kids what's right and what's wrong. these kids probably have parents who weren't as invested in their lives which is why they want to grow up so bad.

Ads

Every older generation thinks the younger generation has too many privileges and is growing up too fast, all of them, even your generation is complained about. Just like how old people are mad that kids can't be happy with a ball and rope and wear designer clothes instead of hand-me downs, times change.

You have to remember, girls did the same then as they do now, just in a different way. If it's deemed cool, then the 'cool girls' do it. Whatever it is. They always have. The definition of cool has just changed with society, but it's like a circle. In the late sixties young girls were wearing skirts much shorter than now. Is it wrong - yes. But is it new - no. And remember it's not all girls! Like you said - your bosses daughter doesn't and there are many more like her. Your daughter will most likely be like you.

It's the media.

In 1980, this is what models and people in the magazines looked like http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=models+...4,s:0,i:82 so this is what young girls aspired to be like.

Nowadays, however, they are greeted with pictures like this everywhere they go http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=daisy+d...x=44&ty=77

Also, you have to remember, 10 years ago, all this new technology wasn't as popular. Even lots of adults didn't have mobiles, or if they did they were huge bricks, now smartphones are slim and attractive and they're a major way of communication. Same with laptops etc.

I'm not saying that it's good what they're doing, it's not at all, I was appalled to see a picture of my sisters old friend yesterday. They left primary school just over 1 year ago and now this little girl who is 11 looks like a human barbie. She wears tiny skirts, lots of makeup, revealing tops, the works, but if our media wasn't glamorising women who looked like this, children wouldn't get the idea it was cool and attractive.

I think it is ridiculous how many of these little girls are now a days. Skimpy clothes, caked on make up, and acting like...well ya know. What i find more ridiculous is that they are allowed to act/dress the way they do like its perfectly fine...of course then people are completely shocked when their kid is pregnant at 15. I cant even describe how proud it makes me that my nieces that have lived with me up til this year know how to act and dress appropriately for their ages same as i did. Btw, I like your tattoo.

I was raised the same way you were. I didn't get my first electronic till I was 16 and I had to work for that. This world is going to hell based on the way kids are being pampered now a days.

It all depends on how they are raised

"I'm 20 by the way. i didn't start wearing make up until my 15th birthday, i didn't really pay attention to boys or "love" when i was 12."
I dated when I was 13 but didn't have a boyfriend until 16.

"now all i see are 12 year olds who wear buckets and buckets of makeup,"
Depends on your situtation and how you were raised. I wanted make-up but my parents wouldn't allow me to wear it.

"use shirts that are showing (i'm not trying to be rude) their flat chest, and chicken legs when they wear short shorts."
School wont allow you to those if you are busty or thick.

"They have expensive phones, they have social media profiles like facebook and twitter, have name brand clothing and the list goes on!"
Parents, parents, parents.

"i see online that they say that love this, love that, he cheated on me and la la la! I've heard of 12 year olds that are not virgins!"

Depends on your situtation. If you found someone you like at age 12, stuff like that happens.

"It really upsets me, i wanna adopt a little girl (in the future obviously) but i'm afraid she'll follow the steps of what these little girls are setting as and i would love it for her to understand there is no need to rush life! And i wouldn't want her to hate me if i didn't allow her to do/wear things as other girls."
Parenting.

"she looks like she's around 12 and i was so amazed when i saw her cuz she was wearing jeans, "
Let's get one thing straight, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SHORTS. Especially when you live in Florida.

"Am i the only one that thinks how little girls behave and look nowadays?!!"

Yep, that's only you, Because I'm 16 and that's what happens when girls are hitting puberty at age 10.

I know what you mean. I''m from a "conservative" family so I was never spoiled or allowed makeup, phones, to wear revealing outfits, etc, but most kids I know were/are. It's probably because a lot of parents work and they feel that spoiling their children or letting them do whatever they want will replace their lack of being present during their children's childhoods.