This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can a girl use twitter at 14 years old? Is it dangerous?
04-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Can a girl use twitter at 14 years old? Is it dangerous?
Someone said it's too dangerous to use twitter or facebook while you are 14. is it true?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2013, 09:15 AM

Nope

Ads

04-29-2013, 09:18 AM

I think at any age it's dangerous just be careful
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM

Every freshman in my school is on it, so I don't see why you can't be. Just make sure your privacy settings are safe so that not everyone can find your information.
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM

no it's fine just make sure she doesn't talk to strangers
04-29-2013, 09:48 AM

You can use it but it's addictive... i don't use either, but some people are total addicts and have to be 'connected' all the time it's disturbing.
So moderation is key.
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM

I think it's a good idea to just visit other Twitter pages (like celebrities', athletes', etc.) without creating your own. I usually just google certain individuals whenever I want to check their tweets.
04-29-2013, 09:57 AM

No 14 is usually a perfect age Smile but it also depends on the person using it.
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM

No not at all. Though you want to be on the safe side and not give out to much personal information to people you do not know in person and even then you might want to limit it since you are on the internet and faking being someone else can be very easy. But as a driect threat no it is not dangerous to you at all as long as you are smart about it. Also facebook allows an option where a person can not see anything unless they are your friend at 14 i would say go with that option and only add them if you know them.
04-29-2013, 10:14 AM

If you have no idea how to protect yourself from predators, yes. The best thing to do when someone suspiciously messages you is to say, "Hi, I am with NBC news, and I would like to ask you a few questions.