This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some reasons to delete facebook?
04-29-2013, 01:02 PM
What are some reasons to delete facebook?
I'm 14 years old.
Facebook is extreamely addicting but I've came to the conclusion that I don't really want it anymore..
Ahha I don't know why but for some reason I'm having a hard time deleting it.. Like, I just reactivate it 10 minutes later...
What are some reasons to not have facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2013, 01:17 PM

To much drama, never using it, hanging out with you're friends instead of talking on the Computer.

Ads

04-29-2013, 01:18 PM

How about the fact that you just admitted it was an addiction?
It also prevents you from actually going out and having fun with friends and family.
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM

It's stealing your privacy, Facebook addiction, anxiety over pictures and statuses, and much more! Not to mention you have to deal with so much fake bitches!
04-29-2013, 01:27 PM

Because its a waste of time & way too much dramas involved with Facebook.
04-29-2013, 01:38 PM

I am twice your age and I deleted my Facebook about five years ago. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made and here is why.

First of all, Facebook make's it appear as if everyone but you is living an incredible lifestyle. It creates the illusion that everyone is having fun but you. Have you ever wondered why there is no dislike button, like on Youtube? This is because Facebook attempts to create an artificial positive space. Much like advertisements, everyone always appears to be happy. This can manifest negative feelings in the user.

Facebook effects your real-life experiences negatively. Suddenly you are taking pictures for the sole reason of posting them on Facebook. Have you ever heard of the expression, "Keeping up with the Jones's"? This was a term used to understand how neighbors constantly tried to outdo each-other with new cars and home appliances after world war II. With Facebook, people are actively trying to keep up the illusion that their life is perpetual fun.

Basically, if you find yourself experiencing negative feelings when using Facebook, you should opt to get rid of it. You are 14 years old, your job is to overcome your anxieties as best you can and filter out things that generate negative emotions.

If you decide to keep facebook, you should always remind yourself one thing when your on it: That it is an illusion, and in reality all your 14 year old peers are actually trying to come to terms with their own insecurities and anxieties. None of them are happy.
04-29-2013, 01:46 PM

just find Facebook to ask how to delete your Facebook profile and then it will be erased i think.