This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal to print and read someone else's text messages and private facebook messages?
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Is it illegal to print and read someone else's text messages and private facebook messages?
My girlfriend's mom has connections with people in the phone company so she got my girlfriend's, who is 18, text messages in print and after reading them decides to hack into her facebook and read her messages between her and myself. After reading all the messages her mother became furious and threatened to take my girlfriend out of college. Her mom dosent pay a cent for her to go to school, but that's besides the point. My girlfriend and I both hate her mom so I was wondering how, if it is, illegal it is to rear someone else's text and private faceook messages. Also what the penalty is.. like a fine or jail time.
My girlfriend has straight talk through at&t so she buys the cards at walmart her self. So her mom pays nothing for her

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM

If she's [mom] paying her [daughter] phone bill, she has every right under law.

If she DOES NOT pay the phone bill, the phone company has violated your right to privacy. She has also committed fraud under law by hacking Facebook.

Now it's up to you. Report her to Facebook. Facebook may bring civil/criminal charges against her. As for the phone company, if your privacy rights were violated, you may sue them.

EDIT: READ THE CONTRACT FOR THE STRAIGHT TALK PRODUCT. If the contract says that they will not release your phone information without your authorization, then ATT has violated such contract. In which case, if ATT has breached the contract, you are subject to arbitration under such contract.

Contracts work both ways. If I can't breach a contract without getting an early termination fee, they can't release my information without exposing my privacy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply