This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which video game system is better -- playstation 3, xbox 360, Wii, or what?
04-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Which video game system is better -- playstation 3, xbox 360, Wii, or what?
I want to get a good game system for Xmas but I don't know which one is goodest. I have played Wii, and it was good, but I am interested in in a video game unit. I've seen the graphics on xbox 360 and it looks really good. Setting aside price, which one is the best?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2013, 07:17 PM

It depends on what you want and what you want to play....
If you have kids, Wii has the most kid-friendly games, not to mention more social games to play with large groups (like WarioWare and Mario Party 8) so far, its fun... but its sorta the game console for nintendo nerds. Its not something sexy you want to turn on every day just to hear it hum, ya know?

XBoX360 has the advantage of being out for a year ahead of the PS3, which means it has a wider game selection. Whether its RPG, Fighting, Combat/Strategy, extreme sports or just plain fun... Xbox360 has a game for you. Thats a big plus, not to mention how cheap it is compared to the PS3. The problem is there are a lot of games that are not cross-platform (mainly, PC to Xbox360) so when it comes to games like The Orange Box... PC player cannot play against console players and vice versa. PLUS, I dont know ANYTHING about the hacks to turn your 360 into a media center.

The PS3,... there are a couple problems. One is price... for the $300 version, you do NOT get retrograde compatability... which means it will not play PS2 or PS1 games AT ALL. That sucks if you have accrued a PS2 collection after a long love of Sony. If you upgrade to the expensive version,.. well.. no more worries about retro-compat,... but so far the complaints that I've heard re: game selection and unhappiness with some graphics due to cross-platforming... but you have that with 360s too, soo... yeah. Not everyone likes the controls, either... but if you have an HDTV,.. I hear better reviews of the PS3 than the 360 when it comes to picture quality. An upside of the PS3 is its got a built in media-center, its wireless capable, and can use Sony Duo memory sticks. This means that you can play MP3's on it, put it on the network with your computer and play all your mp3, mp4, mpeg, wma's and such and just pipe it through whatever sound system is hooked to your tv/PS3. I can't remember, but it might also be DVIX compatible.. which would be cool... but you gotta find a reference for that.

If you are a techno-media guru... go for the PS3 for all of its multi-media-fun (but expect to pay a pretty penny for not only the console but things like extra controllers, games and the duo memory sticks!) but if you have a PSP or other sony item.. its all compatible usually, which is cool. If you are a Halo nut... you HAVE to get the 360 since that game is not available on any other console... and if you want a wide variety of games RIGHT NOW... the Wii is for little kids and need safe content or lots of multi-player choices or those who play videogames socially more often than not. BUT.. I like some Wii titles.. like Paper Mario Sunshine on Wii was a lot of fun, and the new Super Mario Galaxy is REALLY inventive and innovative.
Sign in to report abuse or send a compliment GeminiWench 49 months ago

Please sign in to give a compliment.
Please verify your account to give a compliment.
Please sign in to send a message.
Please verify your account to send a message. Loading stats...
Loading awards... Sign in and you can: Private message
people found this helpful Depends on which demographic you're asking...
Hardcore gamers, those into first person shooters, ex-military, these cats flock to the Halo series, and with XBox 360 and the new Halo3 release, that is all there is. My neighbor has an XBox 360, I have a Playstation2 (not even part of your question, I know), but his teens are hooked on all things Halo. My co-worker let his sons stay home from school after Halo3 came out. They stood in line, bought in upon release, and played it all the next day. Sometimes it only takes one game...
The PS3 is the odd man out, in my opinion. They are spending much on the ad campaign, and more titles are appearing, but they missed the boat. The PS2 was affordable, has scads of games, and offered great playability to all genres. The PS3 upgrade initially came with a painful price and painfully few titles. They lost countless fans there. I refuse to upgrade myself. I have two young boys, 8 and 5, and they (we) are happy to play the stable of PS2 games on the market. They aren't allowed M-rated or overly violent games and the PS2 has plenty of family friendly content, so the pricy PS3? Why bother?
Wii is an entity unto itself. I don't have one, but I am a fan. It takes gaming to a potentially more physical level, sometimes requiring constant physical interaction. My nephew has one and we played a WW2 fighter pilot game. Required little more than using the controller as a flight stick, but it was fun. The bowling though, and the tennis, whew, bring your water bottle for tennis! And Dance I think parents who want to make their kids happy with a video game system for Christmas, but at the same time despise a system that has kids sitting like bumps on a log for countless hours, will see the Wii as the lesser of evils.
Those who are big into online gaming, the XBox 360 has the upper hand.

Ads

04-29-2013, 07:32 PM

Either the Xbox or PS3.

Xbox has better online play and exclusive games like the Halo series and gets map packs and updates faster(Although you have to pay for online which is why it's better), but PS3 free online play and blue ray.

Really just get whatever console your friends have.
04-29-2013, 07:41 PM

Go look at the games and different features each console has. No console is really better, it just depends on what kind of games you like.
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM

Both have their pro's, here are some:
PS3
Blu Ray Player
Free Lovefilm 30 day trial - all the latest films
Loads of free things available in Store
Move is great
Amazing exclusive games such as Uncharted 3
Free Online, Built in WI-FI
Remote Play if you have a PSP
Built in Internet Browser

Xbox
Better online services(although you need to pay for it)
Kinect is better than move (my opinion)
Built in Wi-Fi - (on newer models)
Brighter Graphics on most games
Loads of free things available in Store
Netflix Movies
Amazing exclusive games such as Forza 4

Best answer please? Smile
Cheers :
04-29-2013, 07:55 PM

People would argue this hugely xD in my opinion ps3 is far best out of these. This is mainly because of better games and you don't have to pay for online xD
04-29-2013, 08:12 PM

Christmas is over but it depends on your gaming wants and need...wanna play online and have a HUGE online player-system? go Xbox...or do you want to have seemingly better graphics and sound and play (in my opinion) better story-mode gameplay? go Playstation...there are also different games solely available for one console (gears and halo for xbox or uncharted and infamous for playstation) that sometimes gravitate certain people to certain consoles.

Look at the different games, decide what kind of gaming you wanna do, and most of all...decide for yourself.!
04-29-2013, 08:21 PM

Atari.
04-29-2013, 08:32 PM

Playstation.
It isnt horrible like Xbox.
Xbox has so many bugs and there is this virus it can get and you have to pay like 100 bucks to fix it.
Xbox is for the people who like shooter games.
Wii is kid friendly
PS3 is for a variety

I have PS3 and Uncharted is the best video game series EVER.
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM

Honestly, you should get the system that most of your friends have so you can play online with them. I wanted to get a PS3, but most of my friends have Xbox 360 systems, so I bought that just so I could play online games with them. With Xbox, you have to pay for Xbox Live Gold, which is the membership you need to play games online; with PS3, the PSN membership is free, so you don't have to pay to play games online. The PS3 has a BluRay player, which doesn't mean much unless you have an HDTV; the Xbox 360 does HD, but it doesn't have BluRay capabilities. Both systems have YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and the ability to play DVDs and music discs. I honestly don't know if the PS3 has Last.FM or Pandora or what its music playback options are (I'm sure there is something, I just don't what it is), but Xbox has Last.FM and Zune Music (and I use Zune so it works out great for me). For me, the Xbox 360 was the best choice, but for others the PS3 might be the better choice; it's really just about your personal preference. I have nothing against the PS3 and am still looking to get one unless Sony makes an announcement for the PS4 sometime in the next year, but my recommendation is to get the console that more of your friends have so you can play online with them. Don't even look at the Wii as a proper gaming console...it can only really do Netflix and does not even allow you to play back music or DVDs.