This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RHH: I already know many?
04-30-2013, 04:19 AM
RHH: I already know many?
People of my generation talk about how kids in my generation don't know history of hip-hop and I agreed but it really struck me when this kid who listens to the mainstream stuff said he's never heard a rap song with meaning, AND SAID TUPAC AND BIGGIE FOUNDED HIP-HOP. The reason I post this because I'm confused on how little they know, most rock or country, etc. fans I know actually know the history of that genre. How come in rap, so little is known in the mainstream?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 04:24 AM

shrug. Early forms of rock honestly sound better than the early forms of hip hop, so I can see why people would want to listen to early rock but not early hip hop.

Ads

04-30-2013, 04:39 AM

your question is a mess frankly to the point that I'm not even sure what you're asking.
04-30-2013, 04:41 AM

Follow me on twitter fool
04-30-2013, 04:47 AM

Peace. As far as the mainstream goes I think everyone sticks with trends. So if they stick with trends and what's hot, they're never looking at the history of Hip Hop. They're trying to keep up with a trend, why would they? For the folks that don't exactly follow trends but who want the truth or a message or meaning, they have to go back and fight that Hip Hop music. Even I want to go back and learn our American history on my own terms, not on schools terms but what I want to learn about history. Because it seems like the people of the past, Martin Luther King Jr, Huey P. Newton, and others in our history not only had a good grasp on American history but other countries as well and we as a nation and people don't have that anymore. If you don't know where you came from, you don't know where you're headed.

Peace.