This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why don't we just get rid of all Social programs and deregulate all businesses?
10-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Why don't we just get rid of all Social programs and deregulate all businesses?
I believe doing that will create a Free Market in which prices will be at an all time low due to lack of competition.

Welfare and Medicare are not needed. If you work hard enough, there is always a job available. Can't find a job? Join the military and defend your country's freedoms!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:37 AM

And is this your way of making OTHER people look stupid?

Ads

Also, throwing the baby out with the bathwater is a good idea, right?

How do I get back the $$ I paid into SS for over 45 years?

Are you guys really so short sighted that you dont remember that deregulation is the cause of the current recession? At least let us fix it before you break it again.

Remember history. The 1890s were a terrible time to live when that happened. And a few would eventually get in control and run us all into the ground.

I am a Christian but do not agree with your intent. I support the ORIGINAL intent of Social Security and other welfare programs. However, the Liberals among us have corrupted these plans and, as we currently see, sent them down the road to am "Entitlement" thinking culture. Certainly there is a small % of people who need the help of all. But we are way pass that philosophy.

I agree with you. Unfortunately we have liberal leeches that we won't be able to get rid of.

Better idea-
Everyone pays a small amount BUT make those that partake of the social programs pay back society at a higher rate once they are off. Make social programs finite-very finite.
De-regulate all business BUT make them wholly financially responsible for any damage they do to persons or property. Whether they knew the risks involved or not. No bailouts for those that fail. No letting the CEO's skate. They make the money, not even their personal assets will be safe. Pay back until all assets are consumed.
Put the burden of proof back onto the company and not the government and taxpayers to clean up the mess.