This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Computer keeps restoring on it's on?
04-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Computer keeps restoring on it's on?
I have a Dell computer, Windows Vista. When I restart my computer, it keeps restoring itself back to the beginning, as it was when I first bought it. I had to make a new administrator account to get all of my files, which is located in the new account under c:/ users. I transferred the files back under my original account, but they keep getting deleted with every restart. I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now. How do I stop the computer from restoring itself after every restart? Also, doing a restore and undo restore doesn't help at all.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 06:54 PM

Format the computer and update the bios. You may a bad Vista install or even a virus.

Ads

04-30-2013, 07:10 PM

yes,it is .
04-30-2013, 07:15 PM

One of the new features in Windows Vista/7 is the Desktop Window Manager (DWM). It responsible for the graphical effects such as live window previews and a glass-like frame around windows (Aero Glass), without draining your CPU. A DWM-capable graphics card is required to enable the 3D effects, as well as Aero Glass. (In older Windows Vista Beta versions, the DWM effects are controlled by the User Experience Session Management Service, via "uxss.exe".) You can increase your computer's performance if you switch to Classic Mode (turn off Aero Glass and Animations), or reduce your screen resolution.  
Note: The dwm.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, dwm.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.
One of the new features in Windows Vista/7 is the Desktop Window Manager (DWM). It responsible for the graphical effects such as live window previews and a glass-like frame around windows (Aero Glass), without draining your CPU. A DWM-capable graphics card is required to enable the 3D effects, as well as Aero Glass. (In older Windows Vista Beta versions, the DWM effects are controlled by the User Experience Session Management Service, via "uxss.exe".) You can increase your computer's performance if you switch to Classic Mode (turn off Aero Glass and Animations), or reduce your screen resolution.  
04-30-2013, 07:26 PM

HelloK,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. It appears that Windows is attempting to boot from the recovery partition every time you restart the system.

As suggested by I Z, the best bet would be to back up your data, and do a format and clean install of Windows. For this, you can follow the instructions from
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...egacy=true

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Dell Social Media and Communities