This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stuck in my music career?
04-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Stuck in my music career?
Hi everyone,
I've been moving quite slow in my music career, and what I come out with may be received well, but not by many people. I'm really looking for a way for people to know about my music, not so I can immediately make money out of it like iTunes, but for music industry pros to discover me.

I write new songs and record demos (although it can be laborious producing it myself, I think that's my only option and most suitable thing to do so far) but I desperately need to break out, just get to another level at least popularity-wise!
I'm active on social media, interactive with my followers although there aren't many, so I'm still stagnant. YouTube views are low, I've spent money on getting views but it doesn't seem to entice viewers to comment about it, or watch my other videos.

I really want to perform in gigs because that's another way of getting noticed but I don't have a backing band, and it's difficult to find professional musicians and generally be safe (I'm a 17 yr old girl, my parents wouldn't let me group up with just anyone). Finding gigs as a first timer may be difficult too, I'm not afraid of that but I haven't found a path yet.

I've sent press kits to major labels (solicited), I sent one last June and apparently it's still "in review" which gets to me. I sent another batch of songs in a new press kit to these companies in December so I'm hoping they can finally get back to me, but to no avail yet. I'm sure they're expecting more from me (I am too), and I'm scared I'm wasting time looking at things to try and get me bigger social followings, to a fee of course... I'm sick of entering competitions, "opportunities" and getting nothing out of it. They're not all bad but it doesn't work for me, I'm trying to change that. Maybe my songs aren't good enough production-wise? Whatever reason, I just want to spend time on my craft and things music labels are meant to do in co-operation with the artist, not sift through rubbish looking for exposure and services in hopes of getting signed! I'll do what I have to for a label, but the thing is: what is it? I'm trying to go in all directions but I think I'm spreading myself too thin doing this.

To top it off, school is starting again for the year. I'll be in year 12 now so I'm dreading I'll be robbed of my time for my career. I have a backup plan (psych) but I'm acting like music is my only option because I'll do anything to make my dreams come true! Nothing else would fulfill my life the way a fruitful music career would. To me it's the difference between life made and "I'm happy where I am... kind of." I have a pretty good mentality, I won't give up, but I'm just really suffering right now because I don't know what or how I should work (really hard!) towards this.

Perhaps my songs just aren't up to scratch but I personally don't think that's why. I cater for all aspects; my creativity, image, stage presence, I just need to express myself with resources signed artists have. My apologies for length, due to the volume this is probably just a vent of my frustrations. However, if I don't do anything radical, more importantly KNOW what to do, I'll go nowhere - which is my nightmare.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Roxie

My website: http://roxie23x.wix.com/roxie
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roxie/114…
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Roxie23x
I'm going to ask my singing and guitar teachers and see if they know anyone who has connections or can play in a band with me as the singer-songwriter, but I still need help for other things! People knowing from performances will help me on social networks but I need a real boost.
I'm going to ask my singing and guitar teachers and see if they know anyone who has connections or can play in a band with me as the singer-songwriter, but I still need help for other things! People knowing from performances will help me on social networks but I need a real boost.
Sorry for the spam, courtesy of Yahoo Answers xD

Of course it is a possibility, and I understand that. No one has told me anything bad about my music yet, but I want to hear what I can do to improve and to know the truth on my music. Can anyone who reads this please listen to my songs before you answer, and let me know if you do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 08:37 PM

You should consult others on that field for advice

Ads

04-30-2013, 08:44 PM

Sounds like your stuff isn't "up to scratch". Sad, but true.