This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good topic sentence for my essay?
04-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Good topic sentence for my essay?
I have to write about obedience and conformity. Can someone help me think of a good topic sentence? Thanks, Best answer 10 points!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 10:32 PM

Obedience and conformity are widely known as negative influences, yet obedience and conformity are still common issues among many societies.

Ads

04-30-2013, 10:43 PM

what about the difference of obedience to God and the convenience of conformity. here is an article to read that explains what i mean http://www.thinking-christianly.com/?p=1062
04-30-2013, 10:59 PM

The only problem with your question is that you didn't give us any ideas as to what YOU want to write about, at this point we'll be the ones giving you ideas...

Alright, let's get to it:

When I hear something like obedience and conformity, I don't necessarily think of parental control, or anything like that. I think of friends. The people we want to impress and the people we hold dear to us. If you look at some of my past answers (which I myself would also be far to lazy to uptake this daunting task) you would find that I don't exactly think along the lines that other people draw for me. I mean, let's face it, I'm answering questions on Yahoo Answers. Who in their right minds still uses Yahoo? (Sarcasm-it doesn't go well in text I've found). Anyways, my point is, no one is truly themselves. In the world we've created that is completely impossible. We are constantly bending who we are, constantly changing, our ideas constantly being shaped and molded, even if we don't know it ourselves. Erving Goffman (this is the part where I get to use my intro to sociology class for once) compared our lives to a stage. You've got what's going on onstage, in other words the play we put on for others and how we want to be perceived, and then there's what really goes on backstage when you sit around in your sweats on the weekend and watch Toddlers and Tiaras. I guess what I haven't really been getting across would be the topic sentence that I would cover:

No matter how one attempts to resist the prodding and pulling of social media, one's peers, or one's family, life is not without obedience and conformity as we, as a result of the basic human need for companionship, give way to the molding of society and lose parts of our individuality and at the same time, are born again.

Cheesy? Yes. A work in progress? You know it. GOOD LUCK!