This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dell laptop is not shutting down in windows 7?
05-01-2013, 12:16 AM
dell laptop is not shutting down in windows 7?
only it is turning into sleep mode and it is not asking password when i start it from sleep mode.
its not shutting down

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 12:25 AM

Go to control panel and click power management option.
You can change your settings there.

Ads

05-01-2013, 12:35 AM

Hello Venu Gopal,

I am from Dell Social Media and Community.

This could be a problem with the registry, I would suggest you to perform a System Restore to a previous date when the system was working fine. If this does not fix the issue, perform a Startup repair of windows(You will need windows recovery CD)

Steps for system restore:
1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

Steps for Start up repair:
1. Boot to the System Recovery Options screen using your retail Windows 7 installation disk or system repair disc.
2. Select the Startup Repair option.
3. Startup Repair will now scan your computer to attempt to find and fix any startup problems.
NOTE: Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs. If repairs are not successful, you'll see a summary of the problem and links to contact information for support. Your computer manufacturer might include additional assistance information.
4. If problems cannot be found, then click on Next.
NOTE: You can click on the View diagnostic and repair details link to see a detailed summary of what Startup Repair has done.
A) Click on the Restart button to return to the Windows 7 log on screen.

If this has not helped you or if you need any further assistance, feel free to message me on Twitter(@NiranjanatDell). I will be happy to assist.

Dell-Niranjan