This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do so many people like Neil Patrick Harris?
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Why do so many people like Neil Patrick Harris?
I completely do too, but I just can't quite put my finger on the reasons why. Perhaps you people could help me?
I've never seen Doogie Howser, so there must be other reasons for me liking him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 08:18 AM

Sarcasm.

Ads

05-01-2013, 08:23 AM

over the years, he learned good comedic delivery. this was absent in his early roles but now he's sort of carved a niche for himself in that style.
05-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Cause as kids we fell in lov with Doogie Houser
05-01-2013, 08:33 AM

For me, it's just his style. I first like him as Barney in HIMYM (well who doesn't?). But then when you see him playing other roles, though they're not the same as Barney, there's still that something in him that is also present in Barney. There's something characteristic about him that makes him likable.
05-01-2013, 08:46 AM

As an performer or as a person?

As an performer, he has such fantastic comedic delivery it is impossible not to love him. he doesn't just read lines, but acts with his whole body. Take the famous eyebrow twitch, for instance. Even something so simple can add so much. He is also multi-talented. Acting, singing, dancing, magic...what's not to like?

As a person, he is a complete charmer. Everything he says is either hilarious, clever, or makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. He remains human by making the effort to communicating with fans, particularly through twitter. I think people are also inspired by those who can maintain happy successful relationships in Hollywood. Scandal and deceit may sell magazines, but there is nothing more uplifting than seeing: 'The love of my life and daddy to our twins - @DavidBurtka - was born today. I am very glad he was. Would you send him a B'day message?'

So all in all, he makes people happy.