This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to add Facebook component to website?
05-01-2013, 09:49 PM
How to add Facebook component to website?
Hello
How can I add facebook component to my web site that can upload my news from my web site into my facebook page?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Find your link. In another tab or window, open the page you want to post. Highlight the URL and right-click on the address. Choose "Copy" from the drop-down menu. If you are more comfortable with the keyboard shortcuts, just press Ctrl+C instead.

Paste your link. Click back to your Facebook window. Select the Profile tab. Your profile will load. Look at where you can type in your status. There should be an option for "Share Link" above that box. Click on that link. Most of the page will not change, but the tab will move over to Share Link, and the box will say "http://".

Click in the box and then right-click again. Select "Paste" from the drop-down menu. This will put the URL in the box. You can also use Ctrl+V from your keyboard as a shortcut to paste. Click the "Preview" button. Make sure that the posting looks right. Sometimes there is a glitch with the link post. Make sure it is linking to the exact page you specified.

View the text preview. There should be a block of text that will show as a preview. If it does not, or if it is not what you want (some blogs have a static welcome or info block before the blog text starts), you can type your own preview or copy and paste one from the site. Click on the text or in the area just below the title (if there is no text) and add or change the preview.

Pick a picture. If there are pictures on the page, those will appear as thumbnails. Scroll through the pictures and select the one you want. If you do not want any of the pictures to post, then check the "No Picture" box. Watch the picture carefully; ads, badges and other HTML items might be considered "pictures." Make sure you really want that photo to go with the link before you post.

Post comments. Here is where you can put your own spin on the post. You can give your friends your two cents on the subject, let them know why you posted it, give your recommendation or just leave a general comment. If this link is for a site or blog you wrote, give a little background on the subject before they click. However, watch your length; if your comments run long, they will be cut short in your preview box.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply