This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the internet doing to presidential elections?
05-01-2013, 11:23 PM
What is the internet doing to presidential elections?
What do you think the internet is doing to presidential elections? We have so much information every where we turn on the internet. We have opportunities to cast our votes online, on sites such as Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/apps/application...94&ref=mf) and to see instant results.

Do you think this will influence presidential elections?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 11:25 PM

I think that the internet makes everybody aware of what's going on as far as who runs for president. The internet will probably spark a lot of 18-36 year old voters to come out and vote thanks to YouTube + Y!A

Ads

05-01-2013, 11:39 PM

It is helping democracy by encouraging more information spreading and interaction among potential voters.

Unlike other elections, there is truly no "unknown" candidate. I have seen talk of the least among the candidates online, which is very promising.

I believe the Internet will make the voting experience a much more accurate and honest-hearted one than in previous years.
05-01-2013, 11:42 PM

It already is. 10-20 years ago, Ron Paul would have been a "fringe candidate" as the media used to like to describe him. Now, thanks to the Internet, he is able to become a top-tier candidate and is the only candidate who can keep Hillary Rodham-Clinton out of the White House.
05-01-2013, 11:51 PM

Obviously, the internet will effect the election. But we still can not tell what is truth and what is not.
05-01-2013, 11:53 PM

I think it does two things, brings candidates into our homes a different way positively and it shows their negative aspect without too many actual slam ad campaigns
05-02-2013, 12:06 AM

It seems to be making formerly dis-interested voters, take more interest and become much more informed.
It also helps to keep track of the candidates views better.

For the first time in my life I'm excited that ""MY"" candidate Ron Paul has a REAL shot at becoming President!
05-02-2013, 12:12 AM

nothing