This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows won't go any further then the logo please help?
05-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Windows won't go any further then the logo please help?
So, my computer restarts when it reaches to the windows logo,,,it gives me to choose betweed safe mode and normal and all the other options at the beggining but no matter witch i choose it allways does the same,I can't even set up the windows xp anymore as it will refuse to boot from the cd.The computer is a old Dell computer but i didn`t have any problems till yesterday.if anyone had this problem before please help me out with this one.the harddisk is Maxtor.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 11:40 PM

sounds like your hard drive has been corrupted and you have hardware problems. Double check your power supply. These things happen when the power supply goes bad... you will have to reinstall windows from disc.

Ads

05-01-2013, 11:53 PM

Hello cokaine,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Based on your post, it appears to be a hard drive failure. Try running the hardware diagnostics and see if it shows any errors. You can follow the instructions from http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...cid=514508

If the tests come out clean and if your restore partition is intact, you should be able to restore your computer's software back to factory settings without using any disks. You can follow the instructions from http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...egacy=true

Please Note: This erases ALL the existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Social Media and Community Team