This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is it that a site like youtube is making a profit while one like twitter isn't?
05-02-2013, 01:22 AM
Why is it that a site like youtube is making a profit while one like twitter isn't?
They both use ads and neither seem to charge for their services - what's the difference?
I ask not because I'm interested in starting a business but in understanding whether this web trend will continue or whether it's possible that (if worse comes to worse) everything on the internet could become non-profit or charge for their entire or the majority of their service.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 01:31 AM

There are a lot more adds on Youtube and there a lot more obnoxious.

Twitter is Getting big and people are really starting to notice it lately. Youtube has been big for about a year or two.

Ads

05-02-2013, 01:46 AM

Twitter is new and so far I don't think many adults have bothered with it. I went there a couple of times when some company posted a link but didn't see a reason to go back.

Utube is funny and I can enjoy it alone without interacting with others.

Many of us older people don't rush out to try each new thing as it comes along because we like to wait for it to be worth bothering with. I just started using Facebook and will probably never bother with myspace but have looked at it.