This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you find somebody Ip addresses through Facebook..?
05-02-2013, 12:24 PM
How do you find somebody Ip addresses through Facebook..?
I searched on google and its giving me very confusing steps and I'm afraid it might beba virus as well.. Is there any easy step to find out.. I had seen this fake profile that messaged me saying all kinda of names and was harassing me for no reason at all.. I just want to get the ip adresse some how and look up what location it is coming from without going through confusing steps... Is there anyway?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 12:37 PM

There is absolutely no way to get someone's IP address through Facebook. It's not possible. If someone is harassing you, you print out copies of all of their messages and bring them to your local police station to file a harassment report against that person. The police will then need to get a court order to subpoena Facebook to find the person responsible. This cannot be done without a court order granted to law enforcement

Ads

05-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Stalk much , Brey?
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM

Try using this software download, it is a German download but is in English format and language good luck.. Though if your stalker/ harassing party has the sense to use a proxy server even the police have no way to track that. As they would constantly get the ip of only the proxy server that is being used. And that can if they know anything about networking be many as they will use constantly changing proxys. A good legal example of this is Skype. It is exactly how it functions using other computers online to relay the message to destination Without entering the system of the intermediary computer. hence its security.Skype used in conjunction with a Linux server is virtually untrackable. Hence considered even by banks as highly secure. e.g. Paypal !
http://www.heise.de/download/solarwinds-...76804.html
05-02-2013, 01:01 PM

No. Facebook will not simply reveal their users' IP addresses as all of the information are being well protected. They will only reveal the related information if you have the court order. Btw, if you have the IP address, you can trace their location via geolocation lookup websites.