This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does everybody like using Windows so much compared to the iMacs?
05-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Why does everybody like using Windows so much compared to the iMacs?
I hate Microsoft so much, and of course that has to be the popular company when it comes to computers over Apple. Why do they get everything? The software is so glitchy, laggy, poorly designed, out dated and I don't see what is so great about it (even when it is cheap). The iMacs rarely crash, get hacked, get viruses (they don't need Kaspersky or Avira) and they could run anything better than a Windows computer could. I'm so ****ing tired of everybody praising Microsoft and acting as if they are computer genius's and as if the people at Apple are 'idiots' when they actually know how to make high-quality computers. Sure, the iMacs don't get games often, but they can play any game at a higher speed and at a superior quality compared to a Windows computer.

I wish that Microsoft would quit paying companies to suck up to them for exclusives (use Hypercam for example, and use a lot of the other games as well) just to play dirty. Even when the iMac gets nothing, I would never switch to a PC no matter what. I was a Windows user for seven years, and I went through four PC's within that time. Within that one time, I've only used one iMac. Facetime>Skype any day by the way since Skype usually shuts down on a PC, while Facetime is actually high speed and doesn't lag. Garageband is also unique. Anyways, why does everybody like Microsoft when the iMacs are better? People need to open their eyes and actually check out iMacs before they hate on them like they have been.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 09:46 PM

In my opinion Windows is easier and less complex to use on a computer than Mac. But I use my iphone for most things which isn't windows.

Ads

05-02-2013, 09:54 PM

macs are over priced in my opinion
05-02-2013, 10:00 PM

If you look at market share, Windows isn't doing nearly as well as it used to. Once the iPad came out, tablet computers are outnumbering desktops and laptops. Microsoft is still doing well among businesses but that is only about 15% of the market.

Another reason for using Windows is that the PC games are written for the Windows operating system. PC's are also easier to upgrade than Apple computers. Apple makes it as difficult as possible to upgrade their computers!

Anyway, Microsoft isn't doing as well as they used to. I'm sure they will be around for a long time but they aren't keeping up with the market like they should have. Don't forget that Apple almost went extinct, until Steve Jobs came back and they came out with the iPod. The same can happen to Microsoft, but will anyone come along to save it?
05-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Well I personally prefer apple, but their products are very expensive and windows can offer a descent OS for a reasonable price. I think that it is worth paying for a mac, but in order to really use all the functions a mac has, you need to know a little about computers. Windows is great for those who are just learning how to use a computer, because Windows it's easier to understand. Once you have a little of knowledge about the essentials on a PC (how to turn on, going to internet explorer, etc.), thats when a mac comes in and can make your life much easier. Besides, so many people people THINK they love Microsoft and hate Apple just because of the price! but when they really start learning things about computers and macs, they realize that a mac is awesome! Some people, like my mom, didn't even know how to turn on a computer, and now that they do, and they use it for facebook, or online shopping, and they don't want to pay more than 1000 dollars just to use Facebook on a mac. A mac is great for business, Entertainment (music, movies, games, etc.), and a lot more! But as I said, if you want one just to surf the web, people are going to buy a cheap windows computer. Everybody has the right to buy whichever computer they like.
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM

Windows is a consumer OS for commodity computers. That's all it is, that's all it's ever been. I've never liked it but I've long understood that the cheap manufacture of Windows machines gives it a price advantage and most people are willing to let their OS tell them how to use their computer (which I am not). Those are why Windows is popular.
05-02-2013, 10:13 PM

No operating system is really better, the choice is up to you. If you're a gamer, then you have no choice, go for Windows. Programmers might prefer Linux and video/graphics producers will probably tend towards Mac. The best thing to do is probably to try each OS and see which is best for you!

For more OS comparasion detail
http://www.bubblews.com/news/119880-linu...vs-windows