This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are these answers violations?
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Are these answers violations?
I've seen some answers like below, but not sure if it's a violation or not

Q. Suggest some good usernames for my twitter/instagram.

answers

thegayretard
condomprincess
trollfaggat
trollretard
blowjobactress

are these suggestions (answers) violations? or not?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 07:50 AM

I think those are violations.

Ads

05-03-2013, 08:03 AM

of course it is, look at those words, theyre disgusting and very offending, its probably a prank but still not a good joke. what happened to the good kids that we are before?
05-03-2013, 08:08 AM

If you feel those suggested user names are insulting, yes you can report those answers for being personally insulting. Whether you decide to report them or not is up to you. Trolls have rights too on YA.
05-03-2013, 08:20 AM

I actually DON'T think those are violations.

Such answers might be among the few cases of something being really, truly offensive to many users, yet skating (narrowly, albeit) within the guidelines.

I could be wrong (and I almost hope I AM wrong), but aside from (possibly) 'trollfaggat', I can't see an actual slur. I really object to the use of the word 'retard', but it's such common and casual usage these days, I'd hesitate to report it simply because most people don't consider it all that offensive.

ADDED: No, your question is not a violation. It's perfectly fine to ask about what is or is not OK to post on this site, as long as you don't name or call out specific users for doing so. And the matter of whether posted content does or does not violate the rules is (or SHOULD be!) of concern to all users of the site, so your question is well within the 'general interest' guideline.
05-03-2013, 08:32 AM

If those are insulting to you, they can be reported. Your question is also a violation since it is only of interest to you. It might survive in P&S, but even there it is a violation.
05-03-2013, 08:44 AM

Yes, all are ofensive, insulting and vulgar. This is a family site one shouldn't post anything that would offend a dear elderly grand mother.