This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Graphic Designer VS Doctor Career Choice?
05-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Graphic Designer VS Doctor Career Choice?
Welcome to my struggle of my career choice! I am a 13 year old female interested in becoming a Graphic Designer. Although, my Asian mother says doctors make more money(She continues to rant about how the money I get from being a Doctor can help sopport HER). I am aware they do make a bit more money, but I have to say, It's like she cares about herself to much. I won't put her in a nursing home either way, but she doesn't understand my feelings of her picking MY career. My 15 year old brother is in 10th grade and is taking all the S.S. stuff you can imagin. He works on becoming a Social Studies teacher(I can say he is SO FREAKIN SMART at S.S) I don't see my mom upset with him!
Honestly,
1)I'm scared of blood! (My bro has a medical problem and needs shots every month. Ever since I was a kid, going with him to the shot-place, I would cover my ears and eyes. I CAN'T stand the sight of something peircing into someones body!!!!
2) What would it feel like to have your patient DIE??(Don't get me to be a dentist either. I don't even know how long I have to brush my teeth!!)
3)Hospitals are DEPRESSING. I can say to you, I have gone to the hospital SO many times. My bro and I have that LOTS of sugeries(Bro=7 Me=3) I HATE the hospital to my last nerve.
Now about GD
1)I LOVE art. This isn't just your normal little girl saying this. I know girls in my school who say they'll be artists but have no knowing on how bad thier art is(Not being mean)
2) I am 100% self taught and think I'm pretty good for my age.( I'm sure I'm not the best 13 year old artist, but I'm dead-prould of my art.
3) I enjoy many types of art media. I loved paining as a younger kid, moved on to pencil art, then watercolor markers abd such.

Here is my Youtube with my art(Just skip to 2:25):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJsGkKYZnU8

Plese include reasons why GD is better! Sorry I'm young and can't think of much!
Which should I choose?
I'm pkanning to go to "High school of art and design" from 9-10th grade then move on to "Toledo school for the arts" from 11-12th grade Big Grin

Srry SOOOOO long!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM

Graphic designers are not finding jobs. This is an art degree (but on a computer).
Too many students flooding schools and taking this.
Employers simply do not have the demand.
Littlle kids will say this is a great degree - reality is something else.

Ads

05-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Personally I'd say, go with what you love. It's true that being a doctor can be a promising career but if you hate anything associated with it, you will still find it hard to succeed. I'm not sure of how much a graphic designer earns although it's definitely an encouraging profession in Switzerland. At least that's what I thought after seeing this - https://www.staff.com/blog/web-developer...ographic/.
It's a tough decision to make but you're still young to finally figure things out. You might change your views after a few years, who knows. Good luck though!
05-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Everything is good, but the matter is what you like to do. Do the work in which you enjoy. If you like creative work then go for Graphic designing.