This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Over the years I have accumulated way to many friends on facebook. What people should I delete?
05-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Over the years I have accumulated way to many friends on facebook. What people should I delete?
Over the years I have accumulated way to many friends on facebook. (1000+). Hey, blame it on being a teenager in modern society. None of them are complete strangers though, they are mostly people I have met once when I've been out or just went to school with or friends of close friends. Now that I am growing up I find this makes my newsfeed cluttered, makes it harder to stay in touch with the people that I actually want to, and I also think that I would feel a little more relaxed about the website if I wasn't giving that many people had access to my information (not being paranoid or anything but at least one in every thousand is bound to be a creeper Tongue). I can't be bothered doing that whole new 'aquantinces' list thing, I would rather just remove some people and have an easier to manage amount of people overall on the website. The thing is, who should I remove and who should I keep? I know that I obviously want to keep real life friends & family and people whom I have met who are in the same industry as me (for networking). But what about old friends, people who I might see when I go out who I don't know too well but might find it rude if they one day discover I have randomly deleted them (it matters to some people!). I know that I am 'friends' with some people on facebook, when neither of us would actually say hello if we passed by on the street. Can I please have some tips on who to delete when cleaning out my facebook friends list

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 01:08 PM

*too

Ads

05-03-2013, 01:22 PM

the ones who don't live in your city
05-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Get rid of anyone who offends you - anyone posting racist, sexist or downright ignorant and rude remarks isn't worthy of being designated a "friend".
05-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Delete the ones you don't talk to, nor trust.
05-03-2013, 01:54 PM

those you have not contacted in two years
05-03-2013, 02:02 PM

Delete everyone that,

1. You do not like
2. You do not know and do not expect to know better in the future
3. You are expecting to never see again
05-03-2013, 02:05 PM

What about people that you haven't seen or talked to in 6 months? Good luck.