This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should my band register for a Vevo account?
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Should my band register for a Vevo account?
Since when you join you get play on Vevo and Youtube, plus support on Facebook and Twitter, is Vevo a good investment to make for my band? If you have a Vevo account, please give me some specifics on the pros and the cons.

Thank You!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM

Hello!
Vevo is a big music video network, most big artists have Vevo accounts, even small underground artists have Vevo channels.

If you are under Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Abu Dhabi Media and EMI you could have a Vevo channel right away.

You can't just make a Vevo account, having a Vevo channel requires a lot of time, you'll need special licensing and YouTube requirements.

At this time, we receive all of our programming from our partners. If you are an independent artist, we suggest that you contact one of our distribution partners for information on having your videos distributed through VEVO. Read more about VEVO and VEVO’s partners on there Company Profile page.

Most of the time, they will contact you to be in Vevo if they find values in you and your music.

The Pros and Cons are:
Pros:
- Increase viewership
- Gain many views
- Have a big network support you
- Easy music buying on the page
- Custom channel
- Gain profit
Cons:
- Requires many requirements
- Takes time
- If you have less views, than less chance people will see your videos
- Profit ranges

Contact VEVO at: info@vevo.com

Ads

05-03-2013, 06:04 PM

Consider it as an investment, where your time, energy and money could be used and well spent elsewhere.

It's an exposure platform, using a platform that is free to use anyway.

CD Baby, I think, are soon to be releasing something similar (or are at least considering it), which I think they should not be doing, but that's off subject.

Ultimately, the VEVO network will still over expose the mainstream, and under expose the under rated, because they know who gets more eyes and more clicks.

Be determined and persevere as to become a strong independent artist, and you may actually have VEVO knocking on your door Smile