This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blogger/metatag SEO question - Please help!?
05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Blogger/metatag SEO question - Please help!?
I recently switched my blog from wordpress to a specific domain at Blogger.com. The blog is http://www.Wordslingergal.com. The homepage of my site clearly shows all of the labels on the right hand side that I have inserted into posts. I have also added search descriptions recently to each blog post. I don't understand why Google isn't really picking the blog up in the search engines. I get alot of traffic due to my social media postings of the blog, but none really from search engines. What am I doing wrong, Blogger is driving me crazy. Wordpress showed up immediately in search engines when I posted something. I have been on Blogger for two months now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Yes Wordpress has its own ping system and can integrate many plugins easily for indexing contents in Google , No idea why you have moved from WP to blogger , Hope this helps

Ads

05-03-2013, 07:45 PM

I also wonder why you moved from WordPress - this is a bit of a step backwards.

However there could be a number of reasons:

1) Did you put in place redirects so Google knows, for each page of your WordPress website, where it now is on Blogger. This is often known as the 301 redirects (search it to find out more about what it is and how to do it).

2) Coincidence - Google was going to drop your site anyway. Google is banning or dropping thousands of sites every month at the moment. There are two many reasons to list here but a couple of them are buying links, link exchanges, duplicating content, giving out RSS feeds. If your drop in traffic also matches a Google update (http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change) your woes may not be to do with your move.

All this said I just did a search on Google "site:www.wordslingergal.com" which shows Google is indexing 246 pages from your blog - do the same - are these your new pages?

If they are then you have lost your rankings and as I said the reasons for this could be many.