This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get readers for a blog?
05-03-2013, 09:22 PM
How to get readers for a blog?
Hi, I have a blog im pretty proud of but im going to start a new one soon. I was just wondering... how do you get readers for a blog kinda like this one: http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/
thanks a bunch!!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 09:38 PM

give the link to all of your friends. get a twitter and a facebook if you don't already have them. post it in both. list it as your website under your personal info in all social networking sites. you can also purchase adspace on facebook, so it will pop up on people's pages. print business cards with your name, the blog name and a brief explanatory title. give them to people you meet. leave small piles at coffee shops, etc.

Ads

05-03-2013, 09:43 PM

Twitter and Facebook are good places to post links to your blog. You can have your blog be your default Web site on your Twitter and Facebook accounts, and then post links to updated blog posts in individual tweets and FB status updates.

You can also make sure your blog is listed with sites like Google, and tag your posts with very specific words and phrases that will pop up in a search engine. If you know other people that have their own blogs, you can request to be added to their blogroll, which can help draw some of their viewers over to you.

I'd also recommend including the URL of your blog in your resume or CV with your contact info, especially if it's directly related to your professional interests.

Mostly it's just going to take time. Many of the more popular bloggers now have been going for several years, and it took them that long to gain their following. It's not going to happen overnight. Make sure you keep up with your blog and post regularly/consistently, so what followers you do have don't lose interest.