This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the ipod touch 1st generation still considered good in 2011?
05-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Is the ipod touch 1st generation still considered good in 2011?
I am thinking about getting an ipod touch but I am low on funds. I've been looking online and it looks like the first generation ipod touch is the cheapest. Does it still have internet acces, facebook, and apps? Would this still be considered cool, even if it isn't the newest model. What are the differences between the first generation and the newer models?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 01:38 AM

There's no speaker on the first gen, it's a tad thicker than the newer models and most apps coming out nowadays won't work on the 1st gen. It also doesn't come in more than 32gb, and you'd need to update the iOS when you get it, which will cost you money (because it's going to come with an old iOS, most likely).

Ads

05-04-2013, 01:45 AM

well it was a start of a touch screen revolution.. but now in days everyone want to upgrade so technically no.
05-04-2013, 01:48 AM

With all of the technology coming out it would not be considered cool anymore and most of the apps wont even work on the 1st Generation, music will, but there is no speaker. There is internet connection. If i were you i'd just save up for a 2nd generation which is almost the same thing as a 3rd. And you will most definitely have to update the firmware because chances are that it will have old an old iOS version on it.
05-04-2013, 02:04 AM

the answer to your question is definitely NO...

i recommend you buying the samsung galaxy tab p1010.. it has the same price as the ipod touch 4thgen 32 gb...

the newer version of ipods have a lot of new features.. check this site..

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/

and better specs/better design..

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

hope this helps.. Smile)