This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I sign in to a virus free computer with a facebook account that has been hacked, does it become infected?
05-04-2013, 05:29 AM
If I sign in to a virus free computer with a facebook account that has been hacked, does it become infected?
My parents have recently had a virus take over their facebook accounts and they want to change their password, but the virus also moved from their facebook accounts to their computer so they can't change their passwords successfully. If I sign into their facebook accounts on a computer that dosen't have a virus, will it become infected?

I'm sorry I really know nothing about viruses especially these new facebook ones.
Okay thanks, both my parents swear they just clicked on their "messages" folder and then the computer started freaking out. It turned out to be those stupid link messages that sends out links to everyone else on facebook trying to get them to click on it. Ever since then the computer has been a mess.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 05:34 AM

run your virus scan

Ads

05-04-2013, 05:44 AM

I don't want to make this any more confusing for you than it is. The likely hood that your parents 'facebook' account had a virus is ZERO. Facebook itself is not infected, some jerk just uses facebook, myspace, or other social networks to spread viruses like koobface. The account could have been hack. Two different words with completely different meanings. Now, you parents computer could have a virus. In fact it might have a password stealing Trojan (also not a virus by definition), which would allow someone to hack their facebook. This being said, that best answer for you question is 'FISH' because there is no meaning to it. Like in normal mail, don't open mail that was sent to you by someone you don't know. it's up to you, you don't have to click on stuff that has a virus in it.
05-04-2013, 05:45 AM

The malware from facebook is normally pretty weak, which makes me wonder how your AV missed it. Hopefully the other computer has something like

http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-P...contentAux

The answer is yes, if you visit the same page that they got it from. Somebody probably downloaded an inbox attachment or clicked on the wrong News Feed item. You can log in safely but only click their profile page---no outside items. If it is a stronger piece of malware than I think, Avira will catch it.