This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you reset your iPod touch, does really erase EVERYTHING?
05-04-2013, 02:42 PM
When you reset your iPod touch, does really erase EVERYTHING?
I'm planning on selling my 4th generation iPod touch through Kjiji. But obviously, I will have to reset everything. But my question is, when you reset your iPod, does it really erase everthing, so it's like nothing ever happened, no one will ever know what happened with it, even if it could be like some kind of super genius hacker?
Like I mean, no one will ever be able to acces my facebook, my youtube, twitter, my internet history, my pictures, recordings... right?
Just making sure cuz I dont want some random stranger coming upon all those, cuz that would be bad... and creppy...
Thx Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Go to iTunes, hit restore, nothing can be connected back to you unless they use the same computer you used.

Ads

05-04-2013, 02:54 PM

All Apple devices maintain a permanent record of all your activities and transmit all of your online activities back to Apple databases.

Someone who was an especially talented hacker might be able to access your device record file, but the chances that kind of person would be out looking for used Apple devices is very slim.

Most users who have that level of skill are Linux users who wouldn't keep an Apple device if you gave it to them for free.
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM

When you reset your ipod touch, everything including contact list, app, data etc, will be gone. Believe me.