This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you die, do you still want your Facebook up so loved ones can write on your wall, why or why not?
05-04-2013, 07:35 PM
When you die, do you still want your Facebook up so loved ones can write on your wall, why or why not?
Me personally, I want mine shut down, there's a section on Facebook that tells you what can be done to a death person's account. I want mine shut down, I don't want my loved ones writing on my wall saying how they miss me, it just makes me uncomfortable. I personally don't think my loved ones should have to write on my Facebook if they want to try to communicate with me, just talk as if I'm there, maybe I'll hear ya from the other side.
@Bill R, they won't need to know your personal info to log in, they just have to send Facebook proof that you died, like an obituary or newspaper article. As long as it's sent by a family member Facebook can shut it down after you pass away.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 07:44 PM

personal decision - but someone needs to know ur logon info to be able to shut it down, otherwise it is a mess.

Ads

05-04-2013, 07:54 PM

I would like my family to have Facebook Memorialize my account