This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Microsoft Surface or Macbook Air?
05-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Microsoft Surface or Macbook Air?
Looking to buy a new laptop or tablet. Right now i have enough to buy the surface. I like its mobility, but windows 8 is new and I heard people said its not stable or what not. Or i can save up and buy a Macbook Air, its mobility is good too, its just i have to pay extra for microsoft home office for apple, and more memory. Which one is more worth it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 01:42 AM

I think the Air is. The Surface is a bad mix of a laptop and a tablet. Also, Windows 8 is not a good OS. OSX is an amazing OS, and just because of this I would choose the Air. The Air is also very thin and light, more portable, and the bottom line: more practical than a poorly executed tablet-hybrid.

Ads

05-05-2013, 01:56 AM

If you want a laptop computer, go with the MacBook Air. If you want a tablet--and that's all a MS Surface is--then look at an iPad.

Microsoft, in my opinion, has made a big mistake with it's so-called Surface interface. A notebook computer is accessed through it's keyboard; a table computer is accessed through a touch-screen. Microsoft is trying to conflate the two, and it's not selling too well with the general public.

Apple iPads are selling for $300-$500, and offer an excellent computing experience. MacBook Airs are an excellent choice for a laptop computer. If you're a student, using one in your classroom/lectures (if allowed) will demonstrate it's benefits many times over.
05-05-2013, 02:06 AM

The MacBook Air is the far better product. It has more space, is far more powerful, is easier to use, more reliable, and has many more programs available for it. Also, the Air is actually thinner (at most points) than the Surface, making it the far better deal.
05-05-2013, 02:11 AM

unlike what you've heard from other people the truth is that windows 8 is amazing and it is stable
get the Microsoft surface RT
it really is an amazing tablet
it has a 10.6" screen with very good and high resolution
colors look clear and sharp on it
the tablet build quality is amazing
it feels perfect and its made from solid materials
the os on the tablet which is windows 8 is also amazing
its fast and fluid and also simple and easy to use
its made with touch in mind
the web browser is extremely good its fast and pages load up quickly
and it supports flash which is a huge plus and which is something that is lacking on most android tablets and all ios tablets
battery life is very good and would easily get you through more than 10 hours of heavy use
you can download apps from the windows marketplace which has many high quality apps
thousands of apps are being added everyday
more than 2000apps were added in less than 2 days
it does have more than 35000 apps now and like I said it will keep on increasing
it has dual cameras and both of them take amazing photos and videos
it has deep social network integration(skype,facebook,twitter,linkedin… and so on)
you also get Microsoft office 2013 for free on it
and if you get the keyboard and attach it to it you'll have a laptop
overall the surface is an amazing tablet and you should get it
hope i helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com