This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rid of those stupid little adds at the top of my computer screen?
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
How to get rid of those stupid little adds at the top of my computer screen?
I really don't know how it happened but when I logged into my yahoo account, there were these adds at the top of the screen covering about 1/4 of the screen. There is a little "x" button but I can't just keep clicking that for every time I click on a different page or refresh. And now when I log into google, facebook, etc. The adds are there. SOOO annoying. I scanned my computer for viruses.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 02:31 AM

If you use Google, this may not work, but try running a Firefox browser instead of IE (if that's what you're using). You'll see Google on the main page, but you can make Yahoo your "Home page" by logging on and dragging the URL up to the "house" icon.

Then type in Add-ons and search for "Adblock", download "Adblock Plus". close and restart Firefox. There'll be a red, hexagonal icon on the top of your screen that reads" ABP. Click on the "down" arrow next to it and add or remove blocked items. You can also configure it by clicking "Tools" and clicking on "Adblock Plus Preferences" in the drop-down menu.

There's other adblocking software, but I like Adblock as it's highly rated, easy to use and unobtrusive. Another great one is "NoScript", which also blocks cross-scripting and "ClickJack" attacks. This is available as a Firefox add-on also.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply