This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I fear i might have a virus on my windows 8 computer?
05-05-2013, 03:08 AM
I fear i might have a virus on my windows 8 computer?
My computer came stock with Norton, but a month after purchase when i try to scan, nothing happens. I press full scan, but nothing. i then tried looking through task manager for any suspicious looking applications, but found nothing. I haven't entered any suspicious websites (I'm mainly using steam, facebook and youtube). i tried using system restore, but still nothing, i click the button to select restore point, and nothing happens. Is there anything i can do to resolve this problem?
I have 16Gb RAM and the most memory intensive program i use is Firefox, but even then i minimise the amount of programs i run. But i don't believe it is a speed issue, as i've been using the computer 3 hours since the problem began (Even a game with no performance issues at one point). is there any way to force a virus scan as it seems my notebook refuses to do anything that would fix a virus problem.
Also, the antivirus isn't finding nothing, it's just not beginning the scan to begin with.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 03:24 AM

you didn't mention the problem with your computer.is it slow ? Or hanging continuously...
If its slowing then i think this is probably because of antivirus, antiviruses are tend to slows pcs, its normal.try by removing antivirus...

If it hanging, then check your ram.if its not enough and you are using bunch of apps, the it will hang.try by adding extra memory or removing some of memory hungry apps...gud luk..

Ads

05-05-2013, 03:33 AM

How is a problem the fact that your antivirus finds NOTHING!
05-05-2013, 03:43 AM

" My computer came stock with Norton, but a month after purchase when i try to scan, nothing happens."
Most of the time these are only 30 Trials, meaning after 30 days(unless you buy a key) they will cease to function.

If you want to be sure there's no infection, but pretty sure the above has happened.
Malwarebytes' Antimalware(FREE)
http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php
05-05-2013, 03:47 AM

most pre loaded protection is only good for 30 days -your trial may have expired -if so use norton free product removal tool ; before installing somethinng else avast , avira n bitdefender offer very good free protection
05-05-2013, 04:01 AM

Reinstall the Norton AntiVirus using the disc given to you.. if one wasnt given to you.. contact the company u bought the computer from or contact norton. Otherwise.. remove it and installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead. You could also try running the scan in safe mode with networking.