This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do people on DeviantArt get so popular?
05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
How do people on DeviantArt get so popular?
I realize I'm not the best artist, but still, I see people who have thousands of views in a single day, with pages and pages of watchers. How do people get such popularity?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Draw anime neko girls with huge tits. You don't need real talents.

Ads

05-05-2013, 11:51 AM

This illustration pretty sums up how it works~ http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/...Aworks.jpg

They also:
Make really shiny bright make your eyes burn out of its socket desu pictures

They make or MADE a hella ton of popular anime fanart pictures (optionally: they'll eventually stop making fanart pictures and draw their own OCs in which their watchers would stay loyal and keep viewing their work)

Sheer talent

They would watch you, say your artwork is really cool, nice, etc. and most likely get the boomerang effect; you will watch them in return.Once you do that, they will unwatch you.

They are a REALLY nice person OR an attention whore and just gathered up a lot of friends and attention even though their artwork isn't the best...almost like myspace.

They're IRL friends with a popular dA member thus making them popular (sometimes)
05-05-2013, 11:55 AM

One thing you have to realize about some of these people is that some of them take popularity with them from other places. They may already have their own site with followers who also follow them on DA. A lot of them gain followers because they write columns in illustration magazines and have an established name recognition. But, a lot of it is just the fact that they're that good. When you have something worth looking at, people add it to their favorites, which other people see. The better your work, the more people want to fave it and the more likely it will be seen by other deviants who will also check that artist out and fave it. And so on until infinity.

A simple way to start getting followers is to get your name out there on other peoples deviant pages. Comment on artworks and leave links. Fave a lot of artists.....chances are they'll fave something of yours too. And don't just promote yourself on DA. Put links to your work out on Twitter and Facebook.

Hope that helps.
05-05-2013, 12:02 PM

Here's what most people do:
1. Thumbshare forum. That's where you advertise your work on dA.
2. Join clubs/groups. Submit your work there. Everyone in the club/group and watchers of the club/group will see it, and click on it if they like it.
3. Support others' work. Favorite if you like, comment, critique, etc. I find some people don't fave others' work because of jealousy/competition. Don't do that. A lot of people go to your page to thank you for your support. And who knows, they might look at your gallery.
4. Most importantly... do your best! Draw a lot! Improve! Because you might get a Daily Deviation if your work is well done. Some of my friends submit hundreds of deviations within months. Now they have tons of watchers.
05-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Promote yourself Smile here is my website http://rgvart.weebly.com/

and in DA http://rgvartist.deviantart.com/
05-05-2013, 12:19 PM

You make a lot of friends. Upload a lot of "good" art, and anime and/or cartoon-like drawings. Fanart helps too. Get subscription. Promote yourself. Favorite lots of artworks. Comment in a way that can get replies. Reply to any comments you get. Submit journals that are interesting and can catch attention.