This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My twitter keeps getting hacked by the same person what to do?
05-05-2013, 06:08 PM
My twitter keeps getting hacked by the same person what to do?
This person keeps logging into my account and tweeting rude things to myself on it, changing my name, my bio and my location. I've filed for twitter support, revoked access from other mobile devices and changed the password multiple times but they manage to get back into my twitter. They tweeted myself that they got some sort of software that helps them hack in and im not really sure how to get rid of them...I would delete my twitter and get a new one but I have over 2,000 followers and i dont want too. Is there anything else I can do to get them off my account?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 06:15 PM

Delete your account, or deal with it. Apparently changing your password isn't working, nothing else you can do about it.

Ads

05-05-2013, 06:20 PM

Hmmm.... This seems very unlikely because twitter servers are pretty secure. I would suggest you
visit http://support.twitter.com/ and contact them with the exact same words that you used in this Yahoo Answer.
05-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Close down your twittter account. Don't be silly about this. What does it matter how many followers you have.

Make sure no one near to you is using your phone or your computer. Use passwords. Change them frequently.

Close your twitter for a period of about 4-6 months. They will get bored in that time.
First send out a tweet that you're closing your twitter on account of some nasty cyber bullying and hacking that's going on, and say that the authorities are now investigating this. That should frighten the person off a bit.
05-05-2013, 06:31 PM

It's probably a family member or a close friend. If you are using a computer, you may have a keylogger on it that sends your password to your attacker.
05-05-2013, 06:40 PM

Before you do anything run a spyware can on your computer. It could be sending them all your personal details including passwords. Then change your password, make it at least 8 characters long and a mix of upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers. None of it must relate to you, friends, family, addresses, phone numbers, pets or anything else you give away when chatting on social networks. Then change your security questions and answers. Again make them unrelated to you. NEVER leave your computer on and running when unattended. Do NOT use the remember me options to keep you logged in. 90 % of hacking is done by friends.