This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rifd of annoying ad on my pages?
05-05-2013, 07:14 PM
How to get rifd of annoying ad on my pages?
On almost all my webpages I'm seeing this box with two big blue buttons in it that say download on one and play on the other. It comes up on the top of everything. youtube, facebook, twitter, yahoo.. If you click on it it takes you to a rewards on the go page and said you've been chosen from and named my middle of nowhere, that no one has heard of, not even on a map town.. (creepy, right?) and said I won an award and I have to claim it now.

I some soft of malware but I have no idea how to get rid of it. normally I can figure it out but maybe things are different on Windows 8. I used Norton originally and it didn't find anything but I really don't like Norton so I got rid of it and used windows defender which didn't help anything. I used regcleaner but not difference. I then tried CCleaner and it found a lot and deleted a lot but the ad is still there. I tried malwarebytes and it's still there! I also used my personal favorite of all of them Ad-Aware and it said it found some malware and deleted it and I didn't see it on as many sites as before but it's still there. I'm at a loss as what to do next. It's not really a big deal but it's really annoying and my internet is running a little slow
This ad is popping up on Firefox and Chrome.
This ad is popping up on Firefox and Chrome.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 07:22 PM

Use Chrome and get Ad Block Plus.
Edit: it will pop up until you install the Adblock extension.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply