This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 in 4 women have experienced rape or attempted rape. Is this true?
05-05-2013, 09:24 PM
1 in 4 women have experienced rape or attempted rape. Is this true?
Just came across this fact on Twitter. Is this based over the entire world? Its just hard to believe that 1 in 4 of my female friends would have experienced something like this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 09:27 PM

i dont' know they have no way to proof this.. too many non reported rapes. i can say I know a lot of women who were raped.

Ads

05-05-2013, 09:37 PM

It depends

statistics can lie.

hard to say because so many women don't report rape so we can't know the true number.

yes men get raped too, this is not about it just being about women. Rape and sexual assault against anyone is just as atrocious.

:Akavir what about children who were raped? were they playing with fire and deserve it?
05-05-2013, 09:49 PM

God, i hope that's untrue.

that's absolutely disgusting.
05-05-2013, 10:04 PM

and what is your point 1 in 3 men are raped by women, men but being raped by a woman is not raped is it? idiot so play with the traffic
05-05-2013, 10:16 PM

It wouldn't surprise me that it's one in 4 if you remember that rape is defined as "the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse". So that includes women who say no to their partners advances for whatever reason, then end up giving in even though they don't want to because he plays the guilt card, doesn't think she means it or just ignores her (like that teenage ad that's on now and then).
05-05-2013, 10:29 PM

I, and ALL of my 3 closest female friends have experienced sexual assault to some degree, the worst of the 4 was repeatedly raped by her stepfather from the age of 5 until she left home at 16.

This is not information we would publicise in the real world, so yes, I have no trouble believing this statistic.

@ ANON, my own experience was with a cousin.
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM

most of women are raped because of their own fault. they play with wild animals and then whine when they are bitten. you can't blame to wild animals because they are mindless so it's ur responsibility to ignore them, dress modestly, hang out with good people, stay away from unnecessary places, always keep your business in outside at day time, avoid provoke men sexually ,avoid being emphasized.
beside you can NOT be unraped when you are raped so it's better to be stay safe rather than whine after get raped.
05-05-2013, 10:53 PM

Yes. I live in the country. Practically all the women here have been raped/sexually assaulted at one time in their life.

Half of all of the men I've met have been raped/sexually assaulted as children/teenagers.

This is a huge problem in the country.
05-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Yeah it's true, and think about how most of the time rape isn't even reported. It usually isn't reported because the girl is shaken up, traumatized, doesn't want her family to find out, has to go to the hospital for a rape kit and exam which makes women feel violated all over again, has to press charges, and has to go to court where there are dozens of people in the room where she will have to testify and talk to (the usually) cruel defense attorney of the rapist.