This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Centrelink problems??????????
05-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Centrelink problems??????????
So heres my problem. Im in a defacto relationship as i am living with my partner and we hav a beautiful lil girl together. I feel we r wrongly assessed as bein defacto becoz of thecurrent situation happenin. My partner does not pay for a single thing. No bills, no food, no rent, not even for our baby NOTHING!!! Im currently gettin deducted for his divid ends even thow i dnt recieve a single cent of that either. Is ther way to be considered single even in a relationship?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 12:00 AM

Hi,
I work with the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to questions about Centrelink payments and services on social media sites like this.

There are some instances where a partnered person may be treated as single for the Department of Human Services' purposes under Section 24 of the Social Security Act 1991.

If you believe that the decision to treat you as a member of a couple may cause you unfair hardship you can ask us to consider whether there is a special reason for you not to be treated as a member of a couple under Section 24 of the Social Security Act 1991. This can only be done after it has been affirmed that you are a member of couple.

Each request is assessed on a case-by-case basis. A special reason may exist if treating you as a member of a couple would result in you being unable to provide for the basic necessities of life due to an inability to pool resources with your partner as a result of circumstances that are unusual and outside your control.

The best thing to do is visit your local service centre or call (insert number) so a staff member can go through the details and ask you the relevant questions. If you are not treated as a member of a couple you will be paid the single rate and your partner’s income and assets will not affect your payments.

More info can we found at this link on our website - http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer...-a-partner

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply