This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook is not allowing me to post?
05-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Facebook is not allowing me to post?
Starting last night (1-29), facebook is not allowing me to post a status update, check messages, or view my notifications. It is allowing me to press 'like' and put a comment up, but after I hit 'enter' for the comment, the comment shows up but the words are still in the dialog box. Also, if I click anything more than my own name, home, and 'log out' on the options bar at the top, it doesn't load and I have to refresh the page. Facebook is not giving a reason as to why this occurring either; there's no message that I am spamming or anything like that.

Any advice (not including rude things, such as "then get off facebook") would be much appreciated.

I'm using google chrome, and recently removed a toolbar that was installed by veoh internet video player, which is apparently in beta. I also uninstalled a bing toolbar, but that was after the trouble with facebook started.
I have attempted logging out then back in, restarting my computer, and even logging in with someone else's facebook page (it's doing it to their page, which makes me think it's my computer). The only reason this matters at all to me is because it's the only way I can keep in touch with certain friends because I don't have a cell phone, and no one knows how to make a damn phone call anymore.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 12:17 AM

Try to log-out and log back in. If that don't work I try to contact Facebook. Also check your settings. It could be a error of Facebook's half.

Ads

05-06-2013, 12:32 AM

Sounds like a glitch. I know that people have been having similar problems with Facebook twice in the last year. I would suggest logging in and out, and keep trying, until it works for you.
05-06-2013, 12:43 AM

Who cares it's Facebook... You won't die
05-06-2013, 12:54 AM

Sorry but I agree with Alicia. I believe that people would be better off without facebook.