This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My mum is invading my privacy and interfering with my social life?
10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
My mum is invading my privacy and interfering with my social life?
I'm 16 and I feel like my mum is invading my privacy and interfering with my social life.

My mum made a Twitter account and kept trying to follow me, but I blocked her because I wanted to be able to talk to my friends.

A couple of days ago something about promises was trending on twitter, so I put I promise to stop smoking (it was actually inside joke with my friends because I'm the only one in our group that doesn't smoke). Then today mum comes in to my room and makes about a comment then has a go at me for lying to my friend when really she has the wrong end of the stick!

She also reads my Facebook conversations with people because I'm friends with my Auntie, Uncle and Nanny on there (but I changed settings so they can't stalk my page). If my phone beeps she wants to know who it was. If I smile or laugh at my phone she wonte to know I'm talking to.

She always tries to follow my twitter page or use my sisters account to follow me.

How do I stop her? I feel like I can't talk to my friends, or say what I think of feel without her spying on me and knowing.
And I did try to explain it was a joke, but she just kept calling me a liar.
Then she said: "oh Grandad would be proud", her dad passed away 4 weeks ago today. I haven't cried infront of them, but I'm not coping well and am a wreck when I'm alone so this comment was really hurtful.
It's not like she knows my friends smoke, I only started 6th Form in September so she doesn't even know them.
But yeah, my friends don't pressure me into smoking, we have banter. Mum doesn't get it.
Oh, and on the adult front. I pay for everything. I pay board, I brought my own phone and computer, I have a job...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 11:27 AM

Block her on Facebook as well and tell her to stop being so nosey because it's annoying but be polite ask nicely :]

Ads

i think shes trying to see who your hanging out with and if they are telling you to do something (like to smoke or drink or whatever) for the twitter thing, you could make another one with the same name and all that and have you mom follow that one, for the phone, i dont know what to do about that. Good Luck

tell her that your not a kid anymore

Give her a break she is just being a good mom. In a few years (after you become an official adult) you can get a job and buy your own phone and computer and your own place to live. Until then there is no privacy. Maybe if you sat down and talked to her about your life she would feel more confident and trust you more.

She is taking good care of you and if you try blocking her you could find yourself without a phone and computer
You are still a child and the law requires her to care for you.