This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a social networking website for my neighborhood watch initiative?
05-06-2013, 04:08 AM
Is there a social networking website for my neighborhood watch initiative?
We have a lot of scammers come through our neighborhood. Some are door to door scams and others are letters. I wanted to set up a social network for my neighborhood where we can all talk and share information concerning things happening here. Only those people that living here will be given credentials to log into it. I thought about Facebook, but people want something more secure. Do you have any ideas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 04:10 AM

Search for "Free Forums"

One that I found was forumotion.com ( http://www.forumotion.com )

Honestly have not used anything like this but it seems pretty straight forward, they host the forum, you are the 'founder"/admin and therefore control access to it.

Ads

05-06-2013, 04:23 AM

Check out nextdoor.com. I set it up for my neighborhood recently. It has a neighborhood watch alert function. The hard part is getting all your neighbors to sign up and set up their profile to receive alerts.

The other option is a google group email list which we've had here for years. The down side of an email list though is some residents don't check their email regularly and might not see the warning for a day or two.