This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do cookie grabbers exist on every website?
05-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Do cookie grabbers exist on every website?
I've heard the term 'cookie grabber' applied to just Neopets. I've heard that on Neopets, just by looking someone up or visiting a user's profile, you could be infected by the 'cookie grabber' which collects all of your information on the website and allows the attacker to gain access to your account. Do these exist on websites like Yahoo!, YouTube, Twitter, or is 'cookie grabber' mainly just a Neopets thing? For instance, if I visited someone's Yahoo! Answers profile or Twitter profile, could I have caught the 'cookie grabber'?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 04:32 AM

" cookie grabber" is kinda funny. Not exactly how that works. At "any site" that you can sign into, become of member of, there is a known Java Script that identifies you when you sign in. It is only specific to that user and no one else. So now way possible to catch the "cookie Grabber" unless it's your own profile, email, IM, etc....etc....... Then it's needed by you and only you

This information is not stored within this script, but within the sites server for security purposes

Ads

05-06-2013, 04:37 AM

Cookie grabbers is not a term....what happens when you start up your computer and then go to e-mail then go surfing on the internet....each site places a "tracking cookie" on the computer which you can delete by closing the browser if you have Firefox options set to do so....the other thing you can do is use CC Cleaner free edition and delete all the cookies except maybe your login. cookie....that will keep you from entering your ID and password everytime.......

To manage cookies....click on options then on the cookies tab....the one's you want to keep...click on them and transfer with the > to the right hand column and they will not get deleted.......

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/
05-06-2013, 04:48 AM

Hi,

In order to make the website services work properly on your PC, the web browser needs to offer the services and so cookies are needs. Sometimes, some websites prompt it in the form of a message, while some do not and go for it in a silent way.

My DNF security IT team professional helped me in answering your question. Below is my office URL
05-06-2013, 04:57 AM

check this out... this site may help:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/dailies/

is the best site ever!!! contains link to dailies, walkthroughs, cheats... everything possible!!!

A complete list with links to every daily on Neopets.

i make min 10k per day!!! depends on ur mood... what all u wanna do...

but this one is the most convenient ever!! not as confusing as others....