This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some good websites to start building my own website?
05-06-2013, 10:24 AM
What are some good websites to start building my own website?
I want to start building a social networking site, (not offering details, as I have angel investors that need to see a beginning product) the website needs to have a profile based UI, with login info/news feed features/ and user to user interaction. Very similar to Facebook. Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Hire a developer

Ads

05-06-2013, 10:36 AM

http://www.moonfruit.com website and it will work.
05-06-2013, 10:46 AM

I can tell you now that if you don't have any experience doing this kind of thing and no programming knowledge its not going to happen. There is not a website in existence that will let you do this the easy way, if thats what you're thinking. What you're talking about involves major back end programming, databases, php, server integration and a ton of other stuff. What you see on the user end of facebook isn't a tenth of 1% if what the site is actually composed of. Facebook itself is a massive behemoth of a piece of software. Years of development went into it just to get it online in the first place.

To put it simply, its not going to happen any time soon. I'm an experienced programmer who has worked on this kind of software and frankly i'd never touch it again as long as I live
05-06-2013, 10:58 AM

Forget doing this on your own. You'll need to hire a team of experienced web developers.
05-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Why worry? Why don’t you brief your requirement to a website design and development company like acetz.com and they can make a creative website for you in just $180 (for 5 page website)
05-06-2013, 11:13 AM

very simple, more professional than those generic WordPress things as well, that has been so overdone and so generic check this out instead it is professional and you can see many examples of websites already built http://www.150dollarwebsite.com
05-06-2013, 11:19 AM

Try SocialEngine. I've used it on similar projects before. It's very reasonably priced.
05-06-2013, 11:23 AM

godaddy.com

use referral code WOWLUBY to get 20% off your order
and then every year you can find 20% off codes online

They have a website builder and great help support. Lot cheaper that other sites because you can customize what you need,
05-06-2013, 11:35 AM

Hir me if U want FREE website desiging as its very easy to design