This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone 4 storage problems?
05-06-2013, 03:48 PM
iPhone 4 storage problems?
Okay so I've had my iphone since Dec 31, 2011. No problems.

(Btw: I have the 8 GB)

A few months ago, i want to say over the summer, I did the software update to iOS5 i believe (i think so, because the software update i havent done yet is iOS 6).

Now a few weeks ago my phone said I have NO bytes available on my phone so i deleted a few apps and a bunch of my pictures and it still said that. Today I sent all my pictures to my email and deleted them all off my phone and I only have two apps on it - facebook and instagram.

I even took my email off my phone and deleted a bunch of my message threads and notes and it STILL says I have 0 Bytes available?

It says 6.4 GB used but the only things shown as taking up storage are:
Facebook - 37.8 MB
Instagram - 23.7 MB

No music, no video, not anything.

Also every time I go to my camera it won't let me take any pictures and comes up with that annoying message that says

"Cannot Take Photo
There is not enough available storage to take a photo. You can manage your storage in Settings"

This phone is really pissing me off and I just don't know what to do anymore!

Anyone have any idea whats going on or what I could do? PLEASE share!
I did what Diana B said - now it says I have 16.8 MB available. I can take photos but I can't download any apps yet Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 03:54 PM

If you look at the memory bar, it should tell you what category of storage is taking up that room. If it's "other" it may be that your safari app is taking up that room. You need to clear its cookies, cache, whatever. Just check out Safari in the settings menu.

If it's music and/or video, it may be that manual management of music and video isn't selected, and iTunes is reserving that space for all the music and video on your computer to go into your iPod.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply