This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seniors, are you happy about the changes to Monopoly tokens?
05-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Seniors, are you happy about the changes to Monopoly tokens?
Hasbro has announced the results of a Facebook campaign and it seems the iron has been replaced with a cat (I guess another mammal will keep the Scottie dog occupied). Do you agree with these results?

My brothers always fought over who got to play with the racecar and my sisters and I loved the dog.

Do you like these changes? I have an iron somewhere, but I have no idea where it is.
BQ - Fill in the rest of this phrase. Be creative!

If you can't say something nice about someone, (...................)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Find that iron. It might be worth something, someday...yeah right!! lol. I love cats, so I have no problem with it. I

BA:......then take a look at yourself first.

Ads

05-06-2013, 07:17 PM

i grew up with monopoly, i brought the kids up with monopoly, i cannot believe they want to change them what is next cluedo
05-06-2013, 07:26 PM

Honestly, this isn't something I care much about. But, I'd better go rescue that itsy bitsy iron. Who knew that the time would come when a half-inch Monoply token would become politically incorrect and thus abandoned? I don't think I've played Monoply since my boys lived at home. At least 15 years now.

Collectors all over America will be buying up Monoply games to get those irons. The next thing you know we're gonna see them on Ebay or made into jewelry and posted on Facebook and Pinterest.
05-06-2013, 07:40 PM

I loved the top hat and still do. The iron was a bit silly to me.

If you can't say something nice about someone, you must be thinking of a politician.
05-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Haven't played Monopoly for many years now, but I remember first playing it at my one-room country school during WWII. I kinda like the idea of having a cat token, but think it is too bad the flatiron was removed. It was a nice nod to a time now gone by.

If you can't say something nice about someone, you are probably posting in R&S or Politics.
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM

I haven't played Monopoly in well over 35 years. And didn't play it much ever. So really, I don't care much. I liked the guitar, though. They should have picked that one.

If you can't say something nice about someone, say what's on your mind.
05-06-2013, 08:16 PM

The cat is okay, but a helicopter would have been good.

"If you can't say something nice about someone, then sit next to me."
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM

I was suprised that the most votes was for the cat. I would like the guitar! Or, maybe the robot.

If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Zip your lips!
05-06-2013, 08:35 PM

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about the marketing aspect of this move by Hasbro --pure genius! Now even I am thinking about buying some Monopoly games (the ones with the iron) for the grandkids as an investment. The heck with savings bonds.