This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the easiest (and free if possible) way to understand and get into "opt-in advertising"?
05-07-2013, 09:50 AM
What's the easiest (and free if possible) way to understand and get into "opt-in advertising"?
I've read a few descriptions and still haven't got a clue what it is. I've tried survey sites and pay per click sites and most of them I don't qualify for the survey's and I end up making maybe 50 cents a day on each site if I'm lucky.

A few people have said doing "opt-in" emails or ads produce much more money.

I just feel stuck because I can't go back to work because of a neurological problem that happened a year ago and the money coming in isn't paying the bills and I feel like it's a waste to spend 12 hours a day making less than $1 per hour.

I have no way of making referrals, that just annoys people. I don't have a web page or a blog. I have 12 hours I wish I could just make $1 an hour, that's all. I would do surveys all day long but I only qualify for 1 out of 20 it seems. And pay per click like ClixSense most of the time doesn't even give you a full penny for watching a 30 second ad!

Is there any real way to make money online without having to be a salesperson? I have all day to work online, I type fast, and I'm so bored having something simple to do that would just pay $1 an hour on average would make me happy.

Any idea's? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 09:55 AM

Yea you tried the worst of the money sources, and actually most people who try never make any real money on the internet. The ope-in emails have to do with getting people to sign on for some sort of newsletter email using a form on your web site, it's only legal to market to people who you have a prior relationship with, that opt-in often resulting from some incentive like a free ebook satisfies that requirement. Again that involves having a site that gets visitors.

I have had ethical problems with a lot of the marketing practices on the internet, but that's where the money is, there are affiliate sales programs where you don't ave to get your hands too dirty, you might create a niche site with articles on some subject people enthusiastically spend money ion and just rent ad space and insert affiliate links to recommended products. A lot of rookies in internet marketing hang out at Wariorforum.com where you can find a (WSO) section of low cost member authored tutorials.

People can earn moderate money from writing articles for web sites, although the greater long term potential would be writing for your own site, you could get your feet wet on a free blog host like Google's Blogger.com or wordpress.com. A fresh supply of fresh content is needed for sites to maintain their search engine ranking which brings in the traffic, experts can earn considerably more than the typical $3-$5 paid for typical 500 word filler articles.
I have heard of some article brokers like iWriter starting people out at about 1/2 cent a word, graduating them to 1 cent a word after getting some good reviews. It seems that $5 for a 450-500 word blog article is standard for outsourced written for search engine content. Authority sites interested in first rate content may pay more like 5 cents a word, some quality site owners get local college kids to write articles for $10-$15 each, rather than using some international broker, an expert author might get $75 for an article on his specialty.

constant-content.com seems to broker better paying deals for writers.

Have a look at the job lists on freelance marketplace sites like elance.com, odesk.com or the wild west of freelance sites: freelancer.com, while there is worldwide competition, a native English writer has a big advantage. Workers generally sign up for free, you end up working for various different 'employers' so the experience can vary, at worst getting occasionally scammed out of your time rather than money.

A couple of reports by these sites:
https://www.elance.com/q/online-employment-report
https://www.odesk.com/info/press/release...ntractors/ nov. 2011

Some article writer resources:
http://workhomebusiness.org/writing-arti...web-sites/

There are also micro task sites that pay small change for a few minutes work, popular with 3rd world countries, some in the U.S. do them instead of crossword puzzles, the original was created by Amazon, the online store to 'automate' tasks a computer couldn't do, like pick the better of 2 pictures they named mturk.com after the 18th century Mechanical Turk chess playing machine that had a man hidden inside, shortTask and microworkers have similar micro tasks, some individual jobs are a bit shady, like signing up for product trials, doing surveys, but you get to choose which tasks to perform.
A lot of the tasks on these sites involve boosting the popularity factors for web sites, having Facebook, Google Plus and social bookmarking accounts might qualify you for more of these tasks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply