This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Google+? Why should I upgrade?
05-07-2013, 12:12 PM
What is Google+? Why should I upgrade?
I've had my Google account for a while now and heard about Google+ but I never upgraded to it. Is it like Google's version of Facebook? (I never made and don't plan on making a Facebook page either)
What is Google+ and what would happen if I upgrade to it?
Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 12:21 PM

Google+ is just another social networking site like Facebook or MySpace. If you're not into that kind of stuff then don't worry about it, your regular Google account will work just fine

Ads

05-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Google+ is basically Google's duplicate version of Facebook. You are right. You can post statuses, comment on pictures, and play apps on there. But the friend system works differently. Instead of "friends", you follow people in "circles" You can organize circles: Friends, following, coworkers, and more categories you can create. You can post statuses to All or to only Friends or one of your circle categories.

Honestly you shouldn't upgrade to Google+. Here are reasons why:

1. Nobody uses it because of Facebook.
2. People just don't like Google+'s features.
3. Waste of time creating a "Google version" of Facebook when they already have a Facebook.

Hope this helped! -_-
05-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Google+ is something similar to facebook. It is a social networking site. As like myspace etc.

There's no reason to 'upgrade' to it, if you're not interested in joining another social networking site.

Smile