This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My accounts getting hacked.!?
05-07-2013, 10:35 PM
My accounts getting hacked.!?
I am a normal person. First, my gmail account was opened from some suspicious ip address, i changed my password. The hacker also logged in my FB profile (having same password and email) and typed some posts.This ip adress was of france. Then, 6 months after this, now, my yahoo account was opened from some suspicious IP address of netherland. What is happening to me.? I am a normal person i.e i don't have any great information. But why me.?

Best and detailed original answer wins 10 points. Thanks in advance!
I have a regular anti virus program and a very secure password.

Both my email providers told me about this suspicious log in activity.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 10:47 PM

Why you? Who knows. The important thing to remember is to always use secure passwords and NEVER use the same password for different accounts. NEVER.

Ads

05-07-2013, 10:59 PM

i dont understand how do you know that someone login to your account with another geo ip i.e netharlands or bla bla...
you should use anti virus programs like mcafee, norton.
you can use keypass http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/...=directory
05-07-2013, 11:02 PM

You are usuing firefox and it is very easy to hack passwords from it, this may be true with other browsers too, you have been clicking on 'save passwords' and this can be decoded by hackers, if you logout without signingoff your account can be hacked without any password, some sites ask for password or allow you to login using facebook/twitter/google etc account which can be easily accessed by hackers, never click a link from an email as you may reach a hackers site, and your details will be asked by them, use alphanumerical passwords and the password should be of atleast eight or more digits and also easy to remember but difficult to decipher, change passwords regularly, never press unsubscribe any mail from unknown person as you are confirming your email to them resulting in your email being sold to others and you will be flooded by junk mails, as you are using gmail click the junk mail and report as junk/spam by clicking the junk/spam button located at the bottom area of the inbox all further mails will be delivered to that box leaving your inbox with genuine mails. Clean your PC with ccleaner available free from http://www.filehippo.com this cleaner will not erase passwords by default and you have to click on the erase passwords and all your remembered passwords will be deleted giving extra space on your hard drive as it also erases your browsing history junk from the sites visited cookies thus preventing hackers from accessing your data. From some sites you may get virus or malaware (collecting your your surfing data and reporting to fishers) they become active when you reboot damaging your computer, this can be avoided by using ccleaner just click on the cleaner to erase data on shutdown and it will clean all your data before shuting down and there will be no virus/malaware when you start your PC again, never allow computers to shutoff in sleep mode as this does not shutoff completely and becomes an easy target for hackers.